How to Optimize Your Google Places Listing
- Author Julia Ionov
- Published April 2, 2012
- Word count 544
There are several things that you can do to improve the position of your website in Google Places. Do the following to make sure that Google picks your Google Places listings for the search results.
1: Add as Much Information as Possible
Enhance user experience by adding photos, videos, logos, images and other information to your listing. You will see more conversions this way. Write detailed description on your business. Instead of writing "we are the best", list services that you offer. Pay special attention to writing them in the way the most people of your area are searching for. For example if most people are searching for "brochure design", do not write "booklets design" as this will not pop your listing if you already have many competitors in "brochure design".
2: Add your full address to your Google Places landing page
Have your business information - full address - on your Google Places landing page as well as on your website. This is to make sure that Google will properly associate your website with your Google Places listing.
3: Increase the Number of Reviews
Have plenty of good reviews. This will bring your business into the forefront over the competition. Also, if this is possible ask your customers to use special words - keywords - in their reviews, it will additionally help you with the ranking.
4: Use Keywords in Your Google Places Listing
If you add keywords to your Google Places page description, then you will get easier noticed by those doing local searches. This information increases conversions from your potential customers. Use Google Keyword Tool (free tool) to get the keywords in your area.
5: Add Photos and Videos to Your Google Places Listing
Utilize your camera and mobile phone to send photos to Google Places listing. You can also upload photos from your computer. Usually Google lets you upload up to 10 photos and 5 videos. You can upload videos to youtube and them using "Share" button (it will give you a link to your video), add them to your Google Places listing. Note: Google Places would like you to add a video link in a certain format. So when you click on "Share" button on youtube, it will provide you with a short version of a link to your video, click on "Options" and get a "longer link". For example, instead of http://youtu.be/3UKjWeE_DRI you would need to use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKjWeE_DRI. Google places accepts it in this long link format. Make sure to have relevant pictures and videos in order to promote your product or service.
6: Have Backlinks with Local Keywords in the Anchor Text
Improve your rank with local keywords in the anchor text of your backlinks. This will improve your rankings. For example, when you work on building your backlinks, instead of writing just "web design" - which is a very generic term that will be very difficult to compete for, use "ventura web design" adding your local city Ventura. This is increase your ranking within your local businesses.
7: Increase the Number of Citations on Major Data Providers
Increase the number of citations or data providers in your area. For instance, Yellow Pages should have your citations so that Google will pick up your website.
There are no posted comments.
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business