Basic SEO Fundamentals
- Author Frederrick Abrugart
- Published March 26, 2012
- Word count 406
What is SEO?
SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. You may have heard this term before. This came about because of the way Search Engines operates.
Search Engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing are often used to search for information in the web. You need to understand how they operate to understand SEO further. Search Engines crawls the websites and indexes the webpages on a routine basis. Indexing is a kind of cataloguing by which webpages are assigned to its relevant keywords. Besides that the webpages will be ranked in order of its relevancy and popularity. The higher the website ranking the more visible it is.If you start a website today you would be competing with millions of other websites for attention or visibility. This is where SEO comes in to improve your website ranking.
When you rank high for a particular keyword, your website becomes highly visible and whenever, a search request for the keyword matching your webpage is made, your website is bound to get traffic. SEO can make your webpage get a higher ranking. The main objective of SEO is to increase traffic for your website and thus sales.
What is involved in SEO?
SEO is a process which involves making your website search engine friendly. To put it simply, techniques are available to optimize and setup your website to match the relevant keywords and to popularise your website through link buildings. If you want traffic and want to be on the first page of Google, your website needs to be optimized. The success of your website depends on how best your website is optimized.
Why SEO is important?
It will increase the web traffic coming to your website
The traffic arising out of search engines is organic traffic. Visitors coming to your website usually have real interest in your content. The traffic you get are targeted traffic.
Well-optimized Sites are indexed and liked by Search Engines
SEO increases your Page Ranking and builds authority of your website
SEO can increase your sales greatly.
SEO is cost-efficient
SEO will be as important if not more important as it is now in the near future. If you aim to make money online, then you need to understand what SEO is all about. Though SEO is not the only means of getting traffic to your website, it is the most effective way of getting traffic.
SearchMarketingSales is a certified SEO company for Google. Based in Australia with a regional office in Singapore, this company has since ranked keyword/s of over 500 million search competition Top 10 in Google. Learn more about their Google SEO Services.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business