7 Top Art Galleries To Visit in New Zealand
- Author Jim Thomas
- Published May 1, 2012
- Word count 488
New Zealand may be small but has some very vibrant, exciting, and culturally challenging Art Galleries. Choosing to stay in a bed and breakfast in New Zealand will also give you a taste of the country as they are hosted by people who are passionate about the country and sharing this passion with their guests. If you are wishing to visit some galleries during your holiday here are some of the 'must see' venues around the country so no matter where your bed and breakfast is in New Zealand you'll have one nearby to inspire you.
Zealandia Sculpture Garden
Just a short drive off the Main Highway south of Warkworth this sculpture garden is exceptional and will have you mesmerised. Although not strictly an Art Gallery, this garden is all about art and challenges the viewer. All the pieces are by Terry Stringer who is a highly talented New Zealand Sculptor and his works can be viewed at various places in New Zealand.
Auckland Art Gallery
Located in central city of Auckland, a short walk from Queen Street. This gallery has just undergone a $21M renovation and expansion project which shows the commitment to bringing great art works to the public. Auckland Art Gallery has hosted overseas collections and holds a large collection of New Zealand art including Maori and Pacific Island Artists. Take your time to browse this interesting gallery.
Govett Brewster Art Gallery
This gallery can be found in New Plymouth, Taranaki and has the reputation as being one of the finest in New Zealand. The Govett Brewster Art Gallery has a large Len Lye collection. The sculptor Len Lye was born in New Zealand and is well known for his kinetic sculpture and experimental films. He is highly regarded in America where much of his work is displayed at various galleries. The waterfront walkway in New Plymouth features a reproduction of his Wind Wand sculpture.
Nau Mai Haere Mai - greetings in Maori from Rotorua Museum where a wide range of art, culture and history collide. Visit this to increase your knowledge of Maori , their history and legends along with modern artists and a variety of exhibitions.
Found in Civic Square in New Zealand's Capital City Wellington. This is one of many exceptional galleries in Wellington and is well known for its premier paintings, sculptures and other works of art
World of Wearable Art and Classic Cars Museum
Located in beautiful Nelson, at the top of the South island. This museum has something for everyone. Started after the very successful annual WOW Awards show (Now held in Wellington) it showcases many of the garments worn at the awards show. The Classic Car Museum will have the car enthusiast drooling.
Central Art Gallery
Found in the adventure capital of New Zealand - Queenstown this gallery features works by well known New Zealand artists such as Ralph Hotere, Bill Hammond and Tim Wilson.
There are no posted comments.
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I GET AUTHORIZATION TO REMOVE GEESE FROM MY PROPERTY?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- EU Travel To The UK Post-Brexit: What To Expect
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- Effective Compliance: A twenty point plan for business leaders
- 10 things you should know when it comes to raccoon removal:
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- What you need to know about Seagull Control in Peel Region.
- The Authentic Manager
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Everything You Need To Know About Pigeon Netting
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Do you think you have a squirrel problem?
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- Top 10 Companies in Need of Transcription Services
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Here are 5 Signs that raccoons may be living in your attic.
- Facts and Myths about Seagull control
- What is Wordpress? 8 Advantages of Using WordPress
- Canadian Geese: How to deal with them legally.
- How do you get rid of a Skunk from under your deck?
- 5 Types of Material you can consider for your Product Packaging
- What is the job of a Transcriptionist?
- 5 Signs You Need to Call a Plumber