The Advantages of Local Search Marketing
- Author Tyrone Heffron
- Published April 28, 2012
- Word count 419
The amount of attention you can get directly influences amount of income and Local search marketing is all about getting maximum exposure for your business in your area. Find out more about what's involved and how it can help.
Local search marketing is about getting a business good exposure in local search results and local directories and there's a lot to gain by being prominent in these. Most consumers like buying from businesses close to home : I've seen statistics that about 80% of customers live with 8km of the stores they go to. Search engines are now detecting searches that have a local intention and displaying the local results along with a map. This makes it far easier for consumers to find what they're looking for and how to travel to the business as well. Local directories can also bring businesses good exposure.
You can create an account pretty easily with most online directories. In Australia the best known ones are True Local, Smart Local and Hotfrog. Google, Yahoo and Bing also allow you to claim a "Places" page where you can upload your business details, and these are used as the basis for ranking you in the local search results. You don't need to have a website to be listed in any of these. The Places pages are free and an entry-level listing in the local directories is also free.
How are the Yellow pages going ?
Not too well from reports I see. The physical yellow pages have been pretty-much replaced by smart-phone and desktop searches. And Yellow pages listings don't provide nearly as much info. Even online, directories like Hotfrog will tell you far more about the businesses you find.
Search engines have fast become the new Yellow pages, saving people a lot of time and energy looking for the location of businesses and the products and services they provide.
What should you do ?
We know that masses of consumers are searching online for solutions to their problems, so marketing online is a different technique to marketing offline. Rather than sending out a message indiscriminately using fliers, billboards or radio and TV commercials, the game has become getting found by people who are specifically searching for what you provide. So you need to make sure you can be found in the places they're looking . . .
Local search engine results. you need to claim a places page with each search engine.
Local business directories
Online Press release website
Online trade magazines that your type of customer may read
And there lots and lots of other directories you may as well get yourself listed in. The amount of business you get and your income are proportional to the amount of attention you can get. To find out more about local search marketing you can visit [http://spellboundweb.com](http://spellboundweb.com ).Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things Every SEO Content Writer Must Do
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019