What is Local Search
- Author Tyrone Heffron
- Published April 25, 2012
- Word count 374
The objective of online Local search is to make use of the search engines to get local customers in the door or on the phone to local businesses. Find out more about how it can help you.
Local search is when someone uses the internet to search for a local business. They might do this by using a search engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing or a smaller local online directory.
The number of people who do this is so significant that it is vital that local businesses harness these searches to get found ahead of their competition.
In April 2010 Google confirmed that 20% of online searches were for local businesses and this statistic has been increasing quickly with the adoption the Smartphone. That is 100 million searches each day. Smartphones allow people to search for what they want when they want it and the results that are delivered to them are local, making it a very valuable tool for the consumer.
Any business that services a local area or gets a significant amount of their business from their local area and is not advertising effectively on the internet is missing out on a huge amount of potential business. Where people used to ‘let their fingers do the walking’ with the Yellow Pages, they now use their desktop or smartphone to find the services they need.
For business this is good news !
The cost of reaching potential clients is significantly reduced when harnessing online searches. Where a business in the past would need to fork-out for expensive Yellow Pages advertisements, weekly newspaper adds or overly expensive billboard advertising they can now use a myriad of inexpensive and in some cases free online advertising channels like the Google, Yahoo and Bing maps and places listings.
While some business owners find advertising online a daunting thought, there are many service providers who able to harness the latest channels for businesses at a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising methods. These online marketing agencies let business owners concentrate on what they do best and that is running their business and servicing their customers.
The objective of online Local search marketing is to harness these local searches and get customers in the door or on the phone to local businesses.
While it may not be as simple as putting and add in the paper or putting up a billboard, using a local search marketing can make it easy and effective. If you’d like to find out more, you can visit spellboundweb.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords