1 in 5 Heard of SEO ~ Analysis by Susan Stern, an Omaha Marketing Consultant
- Author Susan Stern
- Published May 31, 2012
- Word count 581
(Internet, USA) -- Can you answer this question definitively - Do you know what SEO is? Turns out - 1 in 5 Americans - have heard of Search Engine Optimization, i.e., SEO...according to a survey by Matt Cutts, a software engineer and head of web spam at Google. In other words, that means 4 in 5 people - do not - know what SEO means. Cutts' survey sample involved 1576 people, using Google Consumer Surveys, a new research service.
The survey found gender differences, too. The number of men and women who have heard of SEO stands apart. Interestingly, the research found that nearly 25% of men heard of SEO, with 16% of women aware of same.
What does that tell us Omaha internet marketers? "We need to inform the businesses we represent about the absolute necessity of having a regular SEO plan of action in place to build and maintain top search engine placement rank. That is, where your website or online directory listing appears on Google, Bing & Yahoo," emphasizes Susan Stern.
Omaha Internet Marketer Susan Stern did her own informal, unscientific survey and found the same results as the Google pro - that companies seem to be in the dark about SEO. "You can't just have a website coded correctly to appear on the 1st page of Google. You have to constantly refresh the website content writing, the graphics (coupons), keywords, and take extra measures like write industry articles on your business blog, add website coupons or a news feed and have your SEO professional promote your online video commercial in mass monthly. On the latter note, Forbes Insight published in December 2010 found that 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page," notes Susan Stern, a Marketing Consultant in Omaha, Nebraska.
The fact that only 1 in 5 people, an estimated 20.4% of Americans have heard of SEO based on the Google study is astonishing. "Cause it's something that every business needs to achieve website search engine success," summarizes the Omaha Internet Marketer.
Additional Statistics. Website business owners must understand that SEO is a high stakes game that you must win. After all, if your company website sits in the top tier of search results, you may experience a big traffic and sales increase.
Another study was released in September 2011 by the Pew Internet & American Life Project that found that 58% of those surveyed search the internet for information before buying products and services, with most users only viewing the first page: Google, Bing and Yahoo search engines.
How do search engines determine which websites go where? A site’s position on Google, Bing & Yahoo is based on a mathematical formula, an algorithm, which give high rankings to sites coded correctly, packed with viable keywords and more. In terms of outsourcing your SEO, Marketing Consultant Susan Stern, Stern PR™ in Omaha offers suggestions.
The SEO professional you hire needs to regularly make updates:
**Write Industry-related journalism/PR articles on Business Blog
**Swap out & re-design online website coupons
**Write Social Media updates: Twitter and/or Facebook
**Website Keyword analysis, competition analysis, keyword reports
With 4 out of 5 people unaware of what SEO is, that is a tell-tale sign that website business owners need to get educated on SEO, at least learn the basics, before you outsource these tasks to an internet marketing expert. When all is said and done, in today's internet-driven technology age, regular, i.e. monthly search engine optimization is as essential as having a company website.
http://www.sternpr4less.com Susan Stern, Stern PR™ , Marketing Consultant in Omaha, Nebraska specializes in website design & development, website copywriting, search engine optimization, video internet marketing, videography and photography, graphic design, traditional marketing, public relations and advertising. Susan Stern is a professional specialist in all types of media/print on & offline. Contact Susan Stern at 402-212-7489Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things Every SEO Content Writer Must Do
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019