Décor Solutions in a Form of Art Glass
- Author Justyna Bialas
- Published June 10, 2012
- Word count 595
Art glass seems to be a décor solution suitable for almost any room in the house. The obvious place where we can find a number of glass pieces is a dining room. Art glass platters, lighting, decorative pieces are more than appropriate here. The kitchen is yet another space at home where art glass becomes a wonderful addition to the overall décor. A glass art centerpiece is never out of place when sitting on an island or a countertop. Even the cabinet glass handles or glass backsplash which become trendy nowadays can often represent a quality of art. However, the living room is the most convenient place to have art glass displayed. Beautifully crafted bowls, vases, centerpieces are visually extremely appealing and represent a testament to the artisan whose vision has been trapped in this piece of art.
Style and luxury embodied in art glass can be easily transferred to your home décor via beautiful wall sconces, sculptures, tiles, chandeliers or home accessories. Addition of art glass pieces into any room’s décor provides an opportunity to play around with choices for decoration. Art glass accessories are home décor pieces which can easily focus the eye, are accessible and represent value for any budget.
Although glass pieces become more and more accessible, we need to make sure that the glass we choose for home décor represents real art. We need to keep in mind that cheap replicas and pieces claiming to be art glass, and in reality manufactured on a massive scale overseas, are very common and attract potential owners with lower prices tags. And although you do not need to travel to become an owner of a perfect Murano piece, you need to do your homework and know how to distinguish a real piece of Murano art glass from a cheap replica.
Using art glass in your home décor adds colour and personality, as well as brings vitality to any space. Its durability and timeless appeal makes art glass a great option when deciding on home décor accessories. If you choose a piece which reflects your personality, it will have a great flow between itself and the rest of the space. Balance in the area of the house you’d like to incorporate art glass in should be kept. You know that the glass décor is right for your home if it says something about your personality and leads to a relaxed atmosphere.
Smartly chosen piece of art glass will complement any room’s décor and become a focal point. It can be said that glass possesses a personality as it is strong and fragile at the same time. "It’s cold and hard, it shatters and makes you bleed but it is thrilling to bend it to one’s wishes," says Julie Doetsch, a New Brunswick glass artist.
Function, colour and shape of a glass piece you wish to display should be taken into consideration. If you wish to achieve a timeless climate in a room, pick black, white or red pieces. If you wish to be trendier, and on top of what is fashionable nowadays, choose a piece in, for example turquoise. It has been noticed that simple, but elegant kiln-formed and fused glass is regaining its popularity. While glass adds texture and colour into the room, it makes the space more lively and fun.
Art glass, whether a fused glass piece intended to be a decoration only, or a hand blown vase carrying spring time flowers, should be in every home.
Glamorous Glass is a web store specializing in art glass home accessories. Glass vases, bowls, centerpieces, candle holders from Canada and Europe, Murano art glass - all in one placeArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer
- Blinds - A Breakdown of 10 Type of Blinds
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online