Prepping For The Next Level
- Author Julie Visser
- Published July 3, 2012
- Word count 442
As students near the end of high school, they must begin prepping for the next level: college. College preparedness tests such as the SAT and ACT are particularly important for getting admitted and for scholarships. Thankfully, using tools such as SAT and ACT prep software can help test takers improve their score.
The first step is to begin preparing early. Many experts recommend at least a full year of preparation, including learning about the test itself, studying with SAT and ACT prep software, and taking several practice tests.
SAT and ACT prep software, such as the well known Kaplan SAT prep software, provides information about the tests as well as example questions of all types. This allows test takers to become familiar with all aspects of the test and spend extra time on any individual problem areas. Test prep classes can work well in tandem with at home practice such as Kaplan SAT prep software.
When possible, many people choose to take earlier tests such as the PSAT to prepare for the SAT or the PLAN to prepare for the ACT. These tests are administered very similarly to the SAT and ACT, allowing test takers to get a feeling for the actual test environment and the huge scope of these college prep tests. This practice often helps nervous testers conquer their fears.
Understanding how the test is designed and graded is another very important aspect of prepping for the next level. Some sections, such as math, have questions arranged from easiest to hardest, although each correct answer is worth the same amount. Testers can use this information to determine which questions to focus on and better manage their time.
Many testers are confused about what is often called a guessing penalty. The ACT is simple, with positive points awarded for each correct answer and no points awarded for getting the answer wrong or skipping the question. The SAT, on the other hand, awards positive points for each correct answer, adds no points for a skipped question, and takes away a fraction for each wrong answer. However, if you can eliminate even one wrong answer on the SAT, guessing is still helpful.
In the days leading up to the test, it’s important to get plenty of rest. On the morning of the test, eating a healthy, protein-rich breakfast and arriving early will save trouble later in the day. Obviously, testers should keep track of time, read each question completely, and try to be relaxed and confident. Since no one wants to be disqualified after so much preparation using SAT/ACT preparation software, testers should be certain to follow the proctor’s directions.
All Educational Software offers educational software for all ages and all learners from Toddlers and Preschoolers to Grade School, Middle School, and High School. As well, it covers all subjects including math, language arts, science, music, learn to type, software for the deaf, and many more. The programs are designed to be fun as well as educational and in many cases link educational content to school curricula.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Your Child Should Learn to Code
- Composing an Education - Tips and Tricks
- Drain Cleaning: Top Tips That Ensure Superior Results
- Catalyst Handling: Dangers and Best Practices
- Catalyst Loading and Unloading Processes That Prioritise Safety and Efficiency
- Anxiety, the Brain and Exercise
- How to learn easy English grammar with saifulsgrammar learning program
- Pros and Cons of Homework
- How to accurately cost estimate projects
- Fashion illustration
- Starting Your Homeschool
- Best Ways on How to Avoid Academic Fatigue
- How I Aced My IT Certification With 200-301 Dumps PDF
- The Way M2150-860 Dumps Helped Me to Get Succeeded By The First Attempt.
- 3 Microsoft Certifications You Need This Year
- Writing Thesis Tips – 4 Tips Which Will Ensure You a great Thesis
- Learn to Include Page Numbers in PDF Documents – Organize PDF Files
- Medical billing and coding
- Is the Employer Giving Importance to Security Certification Training?
- Top Benefits of Being a Certified with Cisco Certification Training
- King Henry VIII College, International School in Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Cable Avoidance is Key to Ensuring Safe Digging Practices
- The Many Risks Involved When Undertaking Any Sort Of Excavation Work
- A Family Survival Backpack/Kit
- Education Translation – The Demand That Will Never Cease
- How Smart Learning Is Revolutionizing The Classroom
- Site Manager Course and CPD
- Methods for Selecting and Determining Plant Locations
- The Many Potential Problems When Undertaking Excavation Work