Whole Leaf Tobacco: Handling and Storage Tips for Fronto, Maduro, Havana and Shade Leaf
- Author John Wright
- Published July 11, 2012
- Word count 547
Fronto leaf, Maduro, Havana, Shade leaf? It's all whole leaf tobacco and in this article I'll explain the best practices for handling and storage of whole leaf tobacco. In the end I will also provide a link to a handy video tutorial on the handling and storage of whole leaf tobacco.
When you order whole leaf tobacco wholesale by the pound it usually arrives in a bundle of fresh leaves that are somewhat folded up amongst each other. It is shipped it in a plastic bag that has holes poked in it for aeration. The same bag is just fine to use for storage as needed. If you over-wet the leaf just let it dry out a bit before storing in a bag.
In order to fully unravel your fronto leaves from the bundle you will want to lightly spray down the bundle using a cheap water spray bottle from your hardware store. You can also use a moist paper towel to apply moisture to your whole leaf tobacco. Some leaves in the middle of the bundle may still be a little dry in areas. Wetting the fronto leaf is other wise known as reconstituting it... it prepares it for use by bringing the liveliness back to the flesh of the leaf making it pliable and a joy to roll with. My friend compares the tobacco leaf to a sponge, it absorbs moisture nicely and can dry it out, yet it remains ready for use upon re-wetting it. Whatever you do, make sure not to seal your wet leaf in a bag for too long or it may grow mold on it. But it should be okay for short term storage, so you can travel with it or mail it to someone.
Whole leaf tobacco is a value because you can store it for a pretty long time with no degradation. To store it for this long the leaf must be completely dry. As demonstrated in my handy tutorial video (link to video provided in the resource box below), you will notice that when the fronto leaf becomes completely dry it is brittle and breaks apart easily. Mist a dry leaf with water and within 15 or more minutes it will become completely pliable again, as good as new! (in some cases you may need to mist a little bit more, if the leaf was really folded up or into other leaves.) Once it becomes pliable, then you can fold it up and store it in a little ziplock bag or some similar pocket sized type bag.
For long term storage of whole leaf tobacco, make sure it is dry and seal it properly. Store the fronto leaf in a cool, dark and dry place for optimal preservation of quality.
Why do I like whole leaf tobacco and why should you?
The use of Fronto Leaf has been a tradition to West Indian and Caribbean culture as the proper way to roll a cigar. Whole tobacco leaves are the all natural alternative to papers and blunts and commercially produced cigars. Many fine cigar producers of the day are rolling their product up by hand using whole leaf tobacco. Whole leaf tobacco is also unadulterated by the thousands of chemicals that the commercial tobacco companies add to their product.
Interested in whole leaf tobacco? Go to wholeaf.com - a great resource for all natural, whole leaf tobacco, fronto leaf, shade leaf, maduro leaf, burley leaf & broad leaf.
Whole Leaf Tobacco Handling & Storage Tutorial Video:
Handling & Storage Tutorial VideoArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
- What Is the Significance of Christian and Catholic Jewelry Cross Variants?
- What is the Significance of Personalized Initial Jewelry in 2021?
- 3 amazing tips you should know to protect summer jewelry
- How to choose the right gift for the right person
- Will sustainable gift hampers be the big food and drink hits this Lockdown Christmas?
- What is sustainable fashion?
- Your Guide on the Best Vape Pens and Pods
- Custom Window films And privacy Stained Window Films
- Phone Cover Guide - Comparing The Most Popular Types Of Phone Cases
- Does online shopping really make itself different?
- 6 Tips For When You Buy Coffee Beans
- What Size of Waist Trainer to Choose?
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here