The Story Behind The Air Jordan 5 Sneakers
- Author Mary Li
- Published June 18, 2012
- Word count 506
The Air Jordan 5 sneakers were released in 1990. The shoes featured an innovative style, creative designs, and some new features that previous Jordan sneakers lacked. However, aside from the technical aspects behind the sneakers, there is another story that makes these particular shoes a lot more interesting than many people even know about.
1990 was a great year for the infamous basketball star Michael Jordan. In 1990, a new coach, Phil Jackson was put in charge of the Chicago Bulls. Jackson who replaced Doug Collins as head coach was able to lead his team to victory during his first term serving as head coach of the team.
In the year 1990, the Bulls held the best record that they had ever held. The star of the team, Michael Jordan hit his personal best scores during the year as well. During a game against Cleveland, the star was able to score 69 points in one game. During the year, the star also landed ninety two three point shots during the season, compared to the sixty eight three pointers he had in all of the seasons that he played combined.
1990 was a great year for the star, and an even better year for him to introduce his brand new sneakers to the general public as well. Given the All-Star reward that year, the rising basketball star was definitely on his way to bigger and better things.
The actual design of the shoes was inspired by a World War 2 Mustang fighter plane. One of the main focal points of all of the shoes from the time was the appearance of shark teeth shapes that was placed into the insoles of all of the shoes that were released on the line that same year.
These shoes were also the first pairs of Jordan sneakers that featured a translucent or clear bottom sole. Not only was the clear bottom sole implemented to create an aesthetic affect, but it also served a purpose for the adorner. The clear sole created better traction, which is essential to anyone that dabbles in the game of basketball.
The sneakers also possessed a reflective tongue and lace locks, something that previous shoes did not possess. Even though the shoes did not have any problems selling on their own, the fact that they possessed rubber soles that did not contain any color added to their allure.
Over time the clear soles were designed to turn yellow and then switch their color over to an amber shade. If you happened to purchase these shoes when they were first released onto the market, chances are that your shoes are probably beginning to show a small amber tint along their clear bottom sole.
The Air Jordan 5 sneakers were not only a big hit because of their design, but they were also a big hit because of the success that the basketball phenomenon had when he was wearing them. Everyone wanted to be like Mike, so everyone ran out to purchase the exact sneakers that he was wearing when he was leading the Bulls to victory.
There are no posted comments.
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing
- Experiencing Luxury with a Comfortaire Mattress
- Why power banks are becoming the most important phone accessory