My Favourite River Cruises in Europe
- Author Graham Urkit
- Published July 31, 2012
- Word count 452
With air travel becoming an increasingly stressful and unpleasant means of transport, I would like to discuss the serene and relaxing world of river cruising. Modern river boats offer the ultimate in luxury, with fine dining facilities and excellent accommodations on-board. They also have the advantage of almost always being able to pull into the very heart of any city you visit, making them as good a proposition as any hotel.
Enjoying a river cruise in Europe is one of the most intimate and relaxing ways to explore all that this continent has to offer. Cruising down some of Europe’s most gorgeous rivers on an escorted tour you get the opportunity to really feel the atmosphere of cities and villages that border them. In this article I would like to highlight some of my favourite river cruises in Europe.
The Po River
The Po River, at 405 miles, is the longest river in Italy and is a truly charming destination for a river cruise in Europe. Encompassing the majestic scenery of Northern Italy and the romance of beautiful Venice, a Po River cruise has something for everyone to enjoy. A cruise along the Po River gives you the chance to experience some of the finest Renaissance art and architecture anywhere in the world.
The Elbe River
The historic and charming Elbe River is one of Europe’s least discovered rivers, making it the perfect destination for a river cruise. Beginning in the culturally fascinating and historic Berlin, this cruise then meanders through rural Germany towards the beautiful city of Dresden where I recommend a walking tour of the city which has been carefully restored after massive bombing during the Second World War. Finally, the cruise heads towards Prague where I recommend you spend a day exploring the various palaces, museums and squares.
The Danube River
A cruise along the Danube River through Budapest, Esztergom, Bratislava, Salzburg and Vienna is one of the most interesting and varied river cruises in the world. This cruise is guaranteed to eliminate the daily stresses of life as you cruise past the architectural delights this region has to offer. Of particular note is the restore old town of Bratislava, the monastery at Melk and a tour of Salzburg.
The Rhine River
The River Rhine is dotted with romantic castles, medieval towns, stunning cathedrals and truly magnificent scenery, making it a magical place for a river cruise. One of the best times to take a Rhine Cruise is between July and August when hilltop castles and palaces are lit up at night with fireworks that truly need to be seen to be believed. One of the most impressive castles you will pass is the Marksburg Castle, near Koblenz.
There are no posted comments.
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019