How To Dress for the Workplace
- Author Lena Johnson
- Published July 25, 2012
- Word count 849
Many people don’t truly understand how important your image and how you dress really is in the work place. You can be the best and most intelligent of employees, but if you’re image isn’t reflecting that many of your work related assets will be overlooked by those around you. A confident, pulled together professional look makes others around you assume that these same qualities will be present in all areas of your character and this directly affects how much clients, bosses and colleagues are willing to trust in you. With the present economy increased competition in the workforce it’s more important now than ever to make sure you’re everything from your job performance to your appearance is polished.
How You Dress does affect how well you’ll do in the Work Force.
Many women don’t truly understand how important your image and how you dress really is in the work place. You can be the best and most intelligent of employees, but if you’re image isn’t reflecting that many of your work related assets will be overlooked by those around you. A confident, pulled together professional look makes others around you assume that these same qualities will be present in all areas of your character and this directly affects how much clients, bosses and colleagues are willing to trust in you. With the present economy increased competition in the workforce it’s more important now than ever to make sure you’re everything from your job performance to your appearance is polished.
A common mistake many women make in the work force is wearing clothes that are ill-fitting, dated or too revealing. How your clothes fit you is extremely important. Clothes that fit incorrectly makes you look sloppy. Utilize a tailor if needed or simply steer clear of clothes that don’t fit the way they should. Wearing clothes that makes you look dated gives others the impression that you’re work skills are likely dated too. Many women make the mistake of shopping the same store or brand every time they purchase clothes for work which often ends up making them look dated. Shopping at a variety of stores and including a piece or two from more contemporary line like a blazer in a modern cut from a line like Rag & Bone will help you avoid this pitfall. Now, this should go without saying, but we all know that it still needs to be said. Leave the bright makeup, body piercings, exposed tattoos and revealing clothes for weekends and after hours, at work they’ll do nothing but hinder you in and unless you work in a very creative industry also avoid clothes that are overly trendy.
There is a saying Dress for the job you want not the job that you have and statement is true. The way you present yourself is the way people perceive you and the first thing people have to go on is what they see. Pay attention to how the people holding high positions in your workplace and industry dress and emulate that. It will make you stand out amongst your peers and cause people to naturally take you and your ideas more seriously which will help you move up in the ranks faster.
You don’t have to break the bank to establish a functional and effective work wardrobe. You want to start out with a core of neutral toned basics that are inter-changeable and easily paired with almost anything else and build your entire wardrobe around these. These basics will include essentials such as a pencil or a-line skirt, trousers, white oxford button down, blazer and a classic sweater. Once you have these basics you then add in your accessories and additional pieces that will give your wardrobe versatility, color and personality. This will allow you to mix and match and create a variety of outfits out of just a few good pieces.
Utilizing the help of a personal stylist will help you save money in the long run and maximize your wardrobe. In the past stylists were primarily known for working with celebrities, but that has changed over the past few years. Stylists are much more affordable now and everyone from stay at home moms to top level executives are using their services. A professional stylist knows what’s in the stores at any given time and has the expertise to help you create an image that will help propel you in your career. They will also help you better manage your clothing budget by expertly creating wardrobes that are inter-changeable and by utilizing their relationships with boutiques and stores in your area for the best deals.
Bottom line what you wear matters and it matters a lot. Why not invest the same effort in your professional appearance as you would with anything else when it comes to your career.
Lena’s Blend is a wardrobe styling and personal shopping service based in West Los Angeles. For more information visit www.lenasblend.com or send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lena’s Blend is a wardrobe styling and personal shopping service. For more fashion and style tips or to find out more about our personal styling sessions visit us at www.lenasblend.com or send an email to email@example.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- How to Dress For the Seasons
- Do People Prefer Boutique To Larger Stores?
- Best gift ideas in jewelry for her
- What to Wear When Your Workplace’s Dress Code is Smart-Casual
- The Help Guide To Get Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Myths about compression socks
- Beginner Friendly- So What Can I Actually Do To Create My Lace Frontal Closure A Little Tighter: How You Can Tighten A Wig
- Guide to choosing a wedding dress in 2020
- A History Of The Cufflink
- Steps To Make Remy hair Look Real
- Classic wedding dress
- How to Choose a Reliable Tailoring Shop in Bangkok
- How to Find a Decent & Affordable Tailor in Bangkok
- Bespoke Suit Stitching in Bangkok at Never Before Prices
- The Perfect Gothic Coats for winter
- How to live warm and Gothic in winter
- Top 10 Adidas Shoes
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Cufflinks – And How To Wear Them
- Bridal shop in London
- The Many Different Ways Men Can Wear Cufflinks
- Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses
- Women and Platform Shoes: Everything From Style, to Fit, and Comfort
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Get The Finest Way Of Customization With T-shirt Design Software
- How to wear your good shirt
- Getting your little princess clothes online
- How To Choose A Suitable Swimsuit For Swimming?