The Advantages Of Using A Homemade Carpet Cleaner
- Author Matt Gregory
- Published September 5, 2012
- Word count 501
No matter how careful a person is, he or she is likely to spill something on the carpet or rug at some point of time. The odds of this happening are even greater if a person has a child and/or an indoor pet living in the house. However, instead of using a commercial carpet cleaning solution or calling in a professional cleaning service, one may want to consider using a homemade carpet cleaner. Following are some good reasons why one should make such a cleaner at home and use it for the carpets and rugs.
Homemade Carpet Cleaner Safety Concerns
Parents with children should be especially leery of buying commercial cleansers and cleaning agents. These often contain harmful chemicals that could be fatal if a child gets ahold of the cleanser and takes a taste. It should also be noted that many of these chemicals can cause an allergic reaction if one has sensitive skin. Homemade carpet cleaner, on the other hand, is fully hypoallergenic and is not toxic if accidentally swallowed.
The cost of a commercial carpet cleaner depends on the brand name, quantity purchased and where it is sold. However, many of these cleaners can be a bit pricey. On the other hand, the ingredients needed for making homemade carpet cleaner are very cheap. In fact, one may already have some or all the ingredients at home.
Ease of Use
It is not hard to make homemade carpet cleaner. In fact, even an older child can, with proper supervision, pour and mix the ingredients together. It is also not hard to use the homemade cleaner. All one has to do is apply the cleaner to the stain and rub the stain off. It is as simple as that.
Homemade Carpet Cleaner Recipe
Those who are looking for a homemade carpet cleaning recipe will find that there are literally hundreds of these recipes online. Following is one such recipe. It is efficient and does not take longer than a few minutes to create.
1 gallon water
2-3 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup ammonia
First of all, one should mix the vinegar and ammonia together. Next, a person can add in the water and baking soda and mix all the ingredients. Then one will have carpet cleaning solution that can be stored away until it is needed.
While there are many ways in which one can remove stains from the carpet, one of the best ways to go about this is to make and use a homemade carpet cleaner. Homemade carpet cleaners are easy to use, cheap to make and do not pose a risk to pets, children and those who have sensitive skin. Instead of paying money to buy a toxic mix of chemicals, a person can benefit him or herself and the environment by using an all natural carpet cleaner. It is just as effective as a commercial one and not only benefits one's health but also his or her pocketbook.
Matt does work for Mill Creek Carpets— expert sellers of carpet Tulsa has trusted for more than 75 years. Matt enjoys writing on DIY home improvement and home remodeling trends. For more information visit http://www.millcreekcarpet.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?
- Advice for an Environmentally Sustainable Home Build