Going Green with a Cat Back System
- Author Stella K.w
- Published August 29, 2012
- Word count 477
The poisonous emissions from car exhausts are increasing by the day and the government is ever so keen on the issue. Catalytic converters are becoming a necessity and with them cat back systems all in the interest of our environment. This article illustrates the working of this exhaust components and how they can be used to improve the quality of our atmosphere.
This is part of a vehicle exhaust system and its function is to convert the byproducts of combustion into less toxic substances that can be emitted into the environment. This is done through various chemical processes that include oxidation carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons into carbon dioxide and water and reduction of oxides of nitrogen into nitrogen and water. There are two types of catalytic converters, two-way and three-way.
The two-way converter was the earlier model produced between 1975 and 1980 and its name was derived from its function. It had the capability of oxidizing carbon monoxide and partially burnt carbons (hydrocarbons) into water and carbon dioxide. This model had one shortcoming, that it could not deal with the toxic nitrogen oxides that gasoline produces hence the invention of the three way converter. This is a newer model that cannot only convert carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons but also nitrogen oxides through reduction into nitrogen and water.
From the discussion, you can understand why the law in some states is so keen on the presence of a catalytic converter. The absence of these would result to very harmful emissions into the atmosphere causing numerous health hazards. The catalytic converters go hand in hand with cat back systems discussed below.
Cat back system
The ‘cat’ stands for catalytic converter and was created to make use of legally required catalytic converters. It is the part of the exhaust system from the catalytic converter to the tip. It consists of the pipe from the converter to the muffler, the muffler and the exhaust tip. Its Function is to guide the gases safely out as well as to muffle the noise made by the high pressure gases.
There are two reasons that you should get a vehicle that has these components. The first and most important reason is for our environment. Modern life is consistently adding hazards and more so to the environment. Needless to say, fresh air is life and we need to preserve it. Two, the law in various states requires it. Due to excessive emission of smog, various states are making it a requirement for all the vehicle owners and soon this will most likely be the case in all states. Save yourself the trouble and get one.
The good news is that if you can get a cat back system in various outlets such as MagnaFlow for Acura, Audi, BMW, Ford, Land Rover, Jeep you name it. Just check out their products and help keep the environment clean.
The author is an expert writer on vehicle accessories with a keen interest on exhaust systems. For more information check out magnaflow exhaust products.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety
- How Really does Head Up Display Work?
- How to Prevent Car Sickness in Your Mazda MX-5
- How To Use Tire Inflator ?
- What is the Safest Colour for Your Subaru XV?
- A Brief 2018 Mazda 2 Sedan Review
- A Brief 2019 Mazda CX-3 Review