How to look after your Jade Jewellery
- Author Larry Jacksone
- Published July 28, 2012
- Word count 573
Owning beautiful and high quality unusual handmade jewellery is one thing while maintaining it and keeping it in tip top condition is another thing all together. Some semi-precious stones have very sensitive colours that require a lot of care and attention for them to last long and remain transparent and the same condition as the day they were purchased. Jade jewellery is a wonderful spiritual type of semi-precious jewellery that is very strong and tough and is available in a variety of very bright colours and has a lovely smooth texture to the semi-precious stone. You may think that this stone will not need to be taken care of since it is strong enough to withstand knocks that it may have while being worn; but on the contrary, it requires a lot of care as it can be very delicate. However, a Jade necklace can easily crack if it drops from your neck. These cracks will continue to get bigger if the problem has not been taken care of and with this lose its appeal and its value.
Your beautiful and special pieces of Jade jewellery should not be stored in a place with very high temperature because this will affect the colour and the texture of the semi-precious stone. You must always avoid wearing jade bracelets when cooking because the high temperatures are likely to cause oxidization of the jade which will render it valueless and spoil the beauty. Your jade jewellery should not come into contact with things such as oil and perfumes because the oil will tend to stick on the semi-precious stone hence affecting its colour, texture and sheen. It is even worse when the grease sticks on the handmade jewelleries cracks because removing it will be almost impossible and it may end up causing the jade infilling to peel and this can also be due to continuous scratching. Since these Chinese jade jewels are a symbol of holiness and style, they should be kept clean always to make sure they retain their beauty. Cleaning jade rings shouldn't be a great deal because all you will need for this task is lint free soft cloth and a neutral detergent or a delicate washing up liquid. Clean it gently and briefly to prevent the infilling of the semi-precious stone. Then, use a clean and preferably white dry cloth to gently dry your handcrafted jewellery. Wiping it with a white dry cloth is vital in order to make sure that it retains its original colour and texture and is not affect by any dye in a cloth.
How well you decide to take care of your jade jewellery determines its longevity and of course its value to consider any time you wants to spend cleaning the jade. To give it a glamorous and very elegant touch, you can always surface it with wax especially if your jade jewel comes into contact with multi-mineral aggregates such as acids. This wax will form a protective seal on the jade. These aggregates may be in the form of detergents, cosmetics, soaps, and many more and they can easily corrupt the texture and colour of your jade necklace jewellery, bracelets, earrings, and more. In the event that your jade comes into contact with these chemicals, make sure you clean it immediately. You are able to take care of other things that have been handcrafted from Jade like carvings, hair combs, and many other ornamental pieces.
Owning a piece of Jade jewellery is something that many of us aspire to. If you are thinking of purchasing one of these pieces and it is of great value you have to take into consideration the maintenance of your Jade necklace, jade bracelet or pair of earrings. All your pieces should be wrapped is soft white clothes when not being worn.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- How to Dress For the Seasons
- Do People Prefer Boutique To Larger Stores?
- Best gift ideas in jewelry for her
- What to Wear When Your Workplace’s Dress Code is Smart-Casual
- The Help Guide To Get Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Myths about compression socks
- Beginner Friendly- So What Can I Actually Do To Create My Lace Frontal Closure A Little Tighter: How You Can Tighten A Wig
- Guide to choosing a wedding dress in 2020
- A History Of The Cufflink
- Steps To Make Remy hair Look Real
- Classic wedding dress
- How to Choose a Reliable Tailoring Shop in Bangkok
- How to Find a Decent & Affordable Tailor in Bangkok
- Bespoke Suit Stitching in Bangkok at Never Before Prices
- The Perfect Gothic Coats for winter
- How to live warm and Gothic in winter
- Top 10 Adidas Shoes
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Cufflinks – And How To Wear Them
- Bridal shop in London
- The Many Different Ways Men Can Wear Cufflinks
- Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses
- Women and Platform Shoes: Everything From Style, to Fit, and Comfort
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Get The Finest Way Of Customization With T-shirt Design Software
- How to wear your good shirt
- Getting your little princess clothes online
- How To Choose A Suitable Swimsuit For Swimming?