Lovely unique handcrafted jewellery set with Rubies.
- Author Nina Taylor
- Published August 27, 2012
- Word count 630
One of the most stunning gemstones has to be the ruby with its rich deep red colour it is loved by jewellery makers in creating there handcrafted jewellery designs. You will find jewellery sets, earrings, necklaces, pendants and rings set with this gemstone and you can see throughout history where this stone was used to create their unique and original designs.
Rubies have been converted and desired for many a long year and has been seen worn by Kings. It is known as the gem of gems surpassing all other semi-precious gemstones. It comes under the category of the mineral corundum and it has a stunning deep rich red colour and is one of the reasons that jewellery designer love to add this semi-precious gemstone in there pieces of handcrafted jewellery.
Ruby throughout history has symbolised love and passion and this is probably due to the rich red colour it posses and it is said if worn it will aid to strengthen friendship and believed to give you eternal beauty. It is the birthstone for anyone that is born in the month of July so it is considered very lucky to wear a piece of handcrafted jewellery with this semi-precious gemstone set into its unique and original design. It also makes a beautiful and thoughtful gift for anyone whose birthday falls within this month.
You can find Rubies in various shades of red; you can see colours that range from a very deep and rich red that has tones of blue and purple within it and also a lighter yellow/red colour. The finest specimens of this stunning semi-precious gemstone are mined in Burma and the colour of the colour of these are very vivid, a pure spectral red with slight under tones of blue and these are the ones that are much sort after for creating stunning pieces of handcrafted jewellery, earrings, jewellery sets, bracelet, rings and earrings all use this beautiful red gemstone in there unusual designs. Ruby is one of the hardest gemstones which make it perfect for cutting and polishing and is extremely durable which makes it the perfect stone for jewellery making.
Translucent varieties of the beautiful gemstone Ruby are available and one of these varieties of translucent Ruby has when cut into a cabochon a six ray star effect. Because of this Ruby was given the name star ruby and is one of the most stunning gemstones that nature has supplied us with. This looks stunning when set into pieces of handcrafted jewellery rings and pendants and when this stone is surrounded by diamonds.
Because the start ruby is so expensive, beautiful and rare it is another stone where you find fakes have been produced.
We have to remember that the more a piece is valued and the greater the demand for a piece the more chance there will be of someone trying to produce a replica. The way that you will find a fake among this gemstone and many others is the clarity of colour, the cut and how hard these stones are as many fakes are crafted from softer stones that will scratch.
If you are looking for a piece of jewellery handcrafted with this beautiful stone then it is advised that you choose a reputable jeweller that has been recommended and will give you assurances that the gem is genuine. Make sure that you have an idea of the design you would like your piece of handcrafted jewellery and also the budget you have to spend. Do not let the jeweller try and make you spend more than you can afford as it is very easy to let your love of gemstone jewellery let you get carried away. Ask the jewellery advice on the care and storage of you new treasure.
If we would like a piece of jewellery handcrafted from precious metals and Rubies make sure that you buy from a reputable jeweller. One where you know that the gemstones set in your piece of handcrafted jewellery will be genuine as you do not want to end up purchasing a fake.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Dress For the Seasons
- Do People Prefer Boutique To Larger Stores?
- Best gift ideas in jewelry for her
- What to Wear When Your Workplace’s Dress Code is Smart-Casual
- The Help Guide To Get Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Myths about compression socks
- Beginner Friendly- So What Can I Actually Do To Create My Lace Frontal Closure A Little Tighter: How You Can Tighten A Wig
- Guide to choosing a wedding dress in 2020
- A History Of The Cufflink
- Steps To Make Remy hair Look Real
- Classic wedding dress
- How to Choose a Reliable Tailoring Shop in Bangkok
- How to Find a Decent & Affordable Tailor in Bangkok
- Bespoke Suit Stitching in Bangkok at Never Before Prices
- The Perfect Gothic Coats for winter
- How to live warm and Gothic in winter
- Top 10 Adidas Shoes
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Cufflinks – And How To Wear Them
- Bridal shop in London
- The Many Different Ways Men Can Wear Cufflinks
- Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses
- Women and Platform Shoes: Everything From Style, to Fit, and Comfort
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Get The Finest Way Of Customization With T-shirt Design Software
- How to wear your good shirt
- Getting your little princess clothes online
- How To Choose A Suitable Swimsuit For Swimming?
- Stories that matter
- The Newest Clothing Trend Graphic Clothes