Creating a Swimming Pool: Outdoor Vs. Indoor?
- Author Frank Goldfortt
- Published October 15, 2012
- Word count 461
Indoor and outdoor swimming pools can be constructed in an existing property or built onto an existing property to increase the value. In terms of an indoor pool it can often be a cheaper and easier option to build a pool and enclosure in a new construction. Both indoor and outdoor swimming pools have their own requirements and accompanying construction costs.
When deciding on an outdoor or indoor pool construction project the buyer of the pool must decide how they are going to use their swimming pool. Outdoor pools are limited to the seasons they can be used because of unfavourable weather conditions. In most countries of the world an outdoor pool can only be used for a short period when the Summer months are warm enough to heat the water to a comfortable temperature. One of the added bonuses of constructing an indoor pool is the ability to heat both the water and pool enclosure to a comfortable temperature for the users of the pool. By installing a high quality climate control system an indoor pool can be used throughout the year, no matter what the exterior weather is.
When planning an indoor pool construction project the reduced maintenance costs associated with it can often be an important factor. Outdoor pools require less maintenance than indoor types; this is largely because of a reduction in the amount of debris, such as insects and plant materials falling into indoor pools. All indoor pools should have a pool deck angled with a slope towards the pool to reduce the amount of water resting against walls; outdoor pools should be constructed with a pool deck angled away from the pool to reduce the amount of debris passing into the pool.
Other construction considerations include the disconnection of the user from the outside environment when using an indoor swimming pool. Outdoor pools are often seen as more fun in summer months, but have limited use time for exercise purposes. Many owners of indoor pools build large windows, glass doors and skylights to increase the amount of natural light entering the pool enclosure. Although, maintenance costs are reduced during summer months many pool owners require a pool cleaning company to maintain chemicals at a safe level. A high quality air ventilation system is required for an indoor swimming pool to ensure the fumes and odours from the chemicals used to keep an indoor pool clean are extracted from the enclosed indoor pool room. For indoor constructions, flooring and walls must be created using vapour barriers and water resistant materials to reduce the chances of mould and water damage. Despite the increased costs associated with an indoor pool, the ability to use the pool throughout the year often makes it a favourable option for most households.
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?
- Advice for an Environmentally Sustainable Home Build
- Protecting and Maintaining Your Glass Assets Over The Winter