Most Popular Movie Cars – Top 10 List
- Author Leo Ferrusi
- Published October 17, 2012
- Word count 635
Cars are rarely the star of the show, but there are always cars that steal the spotlight and take the glory for themselves. Here are 10 of the most popular cars on TV and in movies, cars that are legends in their own right:
Aston Martin DB5 – This 1964 car was featured in the James Bond movie "Goldfinger", and it was the car that made headlines as the perfect James Bond car. Since that day and up until just a few years ago, James Bond only ever drove the Aston Martin – a top car thanks to its 282 HP engine, 4 liter, 6-cylinder engine, bulletproof glass, machine guns, and radar (the last three don’t come with the regular car).
DeLorean DMC-12 -- Marty McFly and Doc Brown drove through time in this 1981 car, and you will find that it’s definitely a car that belongs on this list. Its engine is a hybrid that uses nuclear and electric power, the doors are gull-wings, the car actually runs on trash and can fly! The manual transmission had 5 speeds, the car ran in rear-wheel drive, and it was the first car with a flux capacitor.
Ferrari 250 GT – This 1961 car was featured in the movie "Ferris Bueller’s Day Off", and the cherry red exterior, Cameron-sized tonneau compartment, and wire grille definitely sets it apart from the rest. The car had 280 HP, a 12 cylinder engine of 3.0 liters, a four-speed manual transmission, and rear wheel drive.
Cadillac Ambulance – "Ghostbusters" made this 1959 car famous, even though it didn’t have the most prominent role in the movie. The car has 325 HP, a 6.4 liter V8 engine, and rear wheel drive. Don’t forget the sleek tail fins, the sires and flashing lights, as well as the ladder attached to the side!
Mini Cooper S – The movie "Italian Job" made this little 2003 car famous, especially when it showed the drivers plowing through the ample hallways of a palatial mansion. The little cars were central to the plot of the movie, and their 163 HP, 1.6 liter 4-cylinder supercharged engine and front wheel drive made them a car worthy to be driven by the thieves – not to mention the fact that they were 200 pounds lighter than the regular model.
GMC Vandura G-Series G-1500 -- "The A Team" was a TV show that was incredibly popular in the 1980s, and this 1983 van was the car that made it possible for them to be the crack commando unit they were. The van had a V8 engine that could run up to 350 HP, as well as a fully automatic Ruger rifle loaded with 5.56x45 mm rounds. The black, red, and grey paint is still a signature in the world of cars.
Ferrari 308 GTS – The man with the moustache Tom Selleck made Magnum P.I. a show that thrilled generations, and his sleek car was just as memorable as his chest hair and short shorts. This car had an engine with 255 HP, and the TV show rocketed this car to fame overnight.
Volkswagen 1200 Beetle – Herbie the Beetle in "Love Bug" was a 1964 model of this car, and the little car that would piss oil on you as soon as race became a sensation. The car is made by the chief designer of Porsche, and the powerful little car is as practical as it is reliable.
Ford Lincoln Futura – Adam West is one of TV’s most famous Batman actors, and his Batmobile was the 1955 model of this car. The car is modeled after a mako shark and a manta ray, and its sleek looks are peerless.
Pontiac Trans Am – K.I.T.T. was the 1982 car that could talk to his driver – David Hasselhoff in his young days – and the car was built for power. It could go from 0 to 60 in .2 seconds, and its 8-speed manual transmission was supercharged for maximum power.
Leo Ferrusi is a writer for MilesGallon.com the free online gas calculator where you can learn the true gas mileage of your vehicle. Also try the many handy tools, where you can convert miles to km, calculator total cost per mile and much more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety
- How Really does Head Up Display Work?
- How to Prevent Car Sickness in Your Mazda MX-5
- How To Use Tire Inflator ?
- What is the Safest Colour for Your Subaru XV?
- A Brief 2018 Mazda 2 Sedan Review
- A Brief 2019 Mazda CX-3 Review