How To Choose The Right Men’s Jumpers
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published January 15, 2013
- Word count 474
Whether it’s a novelty Christmas jumper or a practical knitted tank top, jumpers are a staple of winter menswear. But given their ubiquity, it’s surprising how many men are still unsure of how to pick the right jumper, whether it’s for a particular occasion or for every day wear.
If it’s time to revamp your winter wardrobe and you’re not sure how to start buying new jumpers, here are a few handy tips to make sure you get it right.
The First Steps To Buying New Knitwear
An easy starting point when buying a new jumper is considering where you’re most likely to wear it. If you mostly wear jumpers to work for instance, it’s worth looking for ones with a small v-neck, over which the collar of your shirt and knot of your tie can easily sit. Office jumpers are best bought in neutral colours, like black or navy. In addition, look for fabrics that are thin but warm like Merino wool, so you can easily wear a suit jacket over your outfit when necessary.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for jumpers to wear at home or when you’re out with friends, you can be a little more flexible. Chunky cable-knit jumpers are great for throwing on over jeans and a t-shirt for an extra layer of warmth. Look for jumpers in inviting colours, like red, green or blue. Cardigans are a great casual alternative to jumpers too, and are particularly flattering on tall and lean men. Cardigans are also ideal for dressing down at home, but can be easily dressed up when worn with a shirt on a night out.
One of the key developments in men’s fashion over the 21st century has been the rise of colourful, patterned jumpers. Over the last two years, for example, Fair Isle knit jumpers have become particularly popular and these look great worn with jeans, trousers or even over fitted shorts if there’s a chilly wind in summer.
In 2013, a number of different trends are competing for attention on men’s wool jumpers. In keeping with the general military trend in men’s fashion, grey-greens and khaki hues are dominating jumpers this year. Bestseller 50 Shades of Grey seems to have made a literal impact on catwalks too, judging by the muted rainbow of grey knitwear on offer. For something with a little more warmth, choose a jumper in plum or Bordeaux, one of this season’s most popular colours.
And don’t forget, patterned jumpers don’t need to be hidden away once the festive period is over. Big patterns, stripes and checks are a prominent feature on men’s jumpers in 2013. The boldness of these jumpers mean they really hold their own, so pair with simple jeans or trousers for maximum effect.
Harvey McEwan provides information and advice on men’s fashion, including mens wool jumpers and choosing the perfect pair of shoes. View Harvey's other articles to find out more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing
- Experiencing Luxury with a Comfortaire Mattress
- Why power banks are becoming the most important phone accessory