Furnishing and Decorating Your Condo on a Budget
- Author Lisa Rennie
- Published March 8, 2013
- Word count 529
Furnishing and Decorating Your Condo or Apartment on a Budget
You might have a limited budget when it comes to decorating and furnishing your condo, but that doesn't mean that you have to resort to milk crates as chairs or 80's posters as your decor. With a little careful planning, some creativity, and a bit of imagination, you can turn your condo or apartment into a chic, stylish and highly functional space without breaking the bank. Here are some ideas to help you to do just that.
Set Your Priorities
There are obvious furniture pieces that would be on the top of anyone's list. Things like a bed, a couch, and a table to eat at would be some of the pieces that would take priority on your list. If you have a little more wiggle room on your budget, continue adding to your list until you believe you have exhausted your furniture budget resources. Afterwards, you can add other things, like chairs, a coffee table, end tables for the bedroom, an armoire, and a chest of drawers.
Think Second Hand
Certain items can be purchased second hand rather than brand new to give you a lot more bang for your buck. Some things might not sit well with you to purchase second hand, such as your bedroom mattress. But other items can certainly work if they are used, like a charming table or chest. You can really transform such pieces rather inexpensively to really make them your own, like sanding them down, painting them your desired colour, and adding any other little finishing touches that will truly make it unique. This type of purchase doesn't have to be expensive, yet it can really add a big splash to your space.
Consider Unfinished or Assembly-Required Furniture
A lot of furniture can be purchased at stores that lower their costs by selling products that need to be assembled by the consumer. Such items are generally sold packaged in pieces, where you are responsible for picking it off the shelf and getting it home yourself (unless you pay a nominal fee to have it shipped). Ready-to-assemble pieces usually reflect great value, as you are still getting quality products at great prices. Another benefit is the ability for you to disassemble the items should you decide to move.
Stick to a Monthly Budget
You don't necessarily have to buy everything you need all at once to furnish and decorate your space. As long as you have a bed to sleep in and a chair to sit on, you can pretty much buy everything else on a gradual basis. Create a list of items that you need, set them in a list of priorities, and set aside a certain amount of money each month that you can afford to spend on such items. Before you know it, your condo will be filled with great pieces and artifacts without having to shell out a huge amount of money all at once!
There are many great ways to decorate your condo or apartment with limited funds. Just use your imagination and spend wisely, and you can turn your condo into a comfortable and stylish space!
Furnishing your condo or apartment can be tough when on a budget. If you find yourself in this situation, get in touch with professional Toronto condo interior designers, who have the know-how to visualize a great space for you, even on the tightest budget. Visit www.LUXDesign.ca for expert help today!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!
- Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Tips for Mendhi Decor to Blow the Minds of Your Guests
- The Best 5 Bedrooms | Designer Bedroom Furniture