Ideas for a Spring Vacation in the USA
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published February 6, 2013
- Word count 436
Spring kicks off in just over a month from now. If you're planning to go on a vacation in March, April or May, it's a good time to get your travel tickets and accommodation booked. Can't quite decide where to go?
The Grand Canyon is much less crowded during the spring than it is in the summer months when tourists from around the world flood to explore the natural wonder.
For some serious hiking, head to the North Rim with its rugged trails. The Havasu Falls are also a must-see, touted as one of the Grand Canyon's most impressive sights.
Grand Canyon Village is a touristy attraction but worth seeing. It's home to some of the best viewpoints in the park, one of which is the well known Yavapai Point. Some of the best local hotels and restaurants are located in the village.
The whole family will enjoy a ride on the Grand Canyon Railway which takes in many of the most stunning parts of the park.
The capital is an exciting city to visit in the months of spring when its 3,000 cherry trees burst into bloom, creating a sea of pink. Try to visit on time for the National Cherry Blossom Festival, which takes place from late March to mid April each year. During this time visitors can experience over 200 international performances and visit around 90 exhibitions and events.
Among the best places to admire the blossoming trees are the Tidal Bason and National Mall. Bring a picnic and enjoy your lunch in the fresh spring air.
In case of rain, check out some of Washington's famous museums like the Mount Vernon Estate with the tombs of George and Martha Washington, the Newseum which focuses on the history of the media, the Holocaust Memorial and Museum, and both Smithsonian Museums. You can never get bored in a city with so many museums!
If traveling with kids, you might want to plan your vacation around the White House Easter Egg Roll held on Easter Monday, which is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Spring Vacation Suitcase Essentials
The weather is often unpredictable in spring so you'd best pack accordingly. Don't be upset by the occasional shower. Pack a light raincoat which fits in your rucksack.
Kit the family out in trendy men's and womens rain boots. Some modern styles of the classic boot are easily packable thanks to their flexible rubber design.
As evenings can get a little on the cold side, bring some knitwear and a shawl to wrap yourself up in. That way you can definitely go out stargazing in the Grand Canyon!
Harvey McEwan recommends holiday destinations and women's rain boots. He writes articles on many different topics. Read them online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Human Translation
- Touch-and-Go Fathering Style
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- Here is where to get earthenware clay cooking pots in the USA
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- 5 Tips For Buying A Bike Online
- 4 Reasons Why Young Men Prefer Mature Women
- New Platform for Online Niche Dating Service
- Tips to Choose the Best Skin Whitening Cream in The World
- How to Lighten Darkened Skin ?
- Very Basic Skin Care Tips for Dark Skin
- How to Lighten Skin for African American
- How to Naturally Lighten Skin?
- Tips to Choose the Best Skin Lightening Cream For Hyperpigmentation
- 3 Tips of Getting a Luxury Life
- Why Trampolines Are So Popular During The Covid Pandemic
- Why Sunken Trampolines Are So Popular Today
- Stop Snoring Treatments That Work
- Why Men Snore More Than Women
- What Causes A Good Person To Snore When Sleeping?
- What Causes Someone To Snore Really Loud?
- How Men's Dental Health Is Linked to Snoring
- Why are some bilingual people dyslexic in English but not their other language?