Ideas for a Spring Vacation in the USA
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published February 6, 2013
- Word count 436
Spring kicks off in just over a month from now. If you're planning to go on a vacation in March, April or May, it's a good time to get your travel tickets and accommodation booked. Can't quite decide where to go?
The Grand Canyon is much less crowded during the spring than it is in the summer months when tourists from around the world flood to explore the natural wonder.
For some serious hiking, head to the North Rim with its rugged trails. The Havasu Falls are also a must-see, touted as one of the Grand Canyon's most impressive sights.
Grand Canyon Village is a touristy attraction but worth seeing. It's home to some of the best viewpoints in the park, one of which is the well known Yavapai Point. Some of the best local hotels and restaurants are located in the village.
The whole family will enjoy a ride on the Grand Canyon Railway which takes in many of the most stunning parts of the park.
The capital is an exciting city to visit in the months of spring when its 3,000 cherry trees burst into bloom, creating a sea of pink. Try to visit on time for the National Cherry Blossom Festival, which takes place from late March to mid April each year. During this time visitors can experience over 200 international performances and visit around 90 exhibitions and events.
Among the best places to admire the blossoming trees are the Tidal Bason and National Mall. Bring a picnic and enjoy your lunch in the fresh spring air.
In case of rain, check out some of Washington's famous museums like the Mount Vernon Estate with the tombs of George and Martha Washington, the Newseum which focuses on the history of the media, the Holocaust Memorial and Museum, and both Smithsonian Museums. You can never get bored in a city with so many museums!
If traveling with kids, you might want to plan your vacation around the White House Easter Egg Roll held on Easter Monday, which is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Spring Vacation Suitcase Essentials
The weather is often unpredictable in spring so you'd best pack accordingly. Don't be upset by the occasional shower. Pack a light raincoat which fits in your rucksack.
Kit the family out in trendy men's and womens rain boots. Some modern styles of the classic boot are easily packable thanks to their flexible rubber design.
As evenings can get a little on the cold side, bring some knitwear and a shawl to wrap yourself up in. That way you can definitely go out stargazing in the Grand Canyon!
Harvey McEwan recommends holiday destinations and women's rain boots. He writes articles on many different topics. Read them online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Japan Travel Itinerary
- How ‘No-Code Tools’ Help Your Business.
- How to help a stray dog
- Storing Food for Emergency Situations
- Why Your Business Needs A Corporate Video in 2021
- Which vaccinations are recommended during pregnancy?
- How can I treat a dry throat and esophagus?
- What are the Irresistible Charms of Mature Women?
- 5 DIY Water Damage Restoration Tips for Your Home
- 5 Ways Makes Money on YouTube
- Digital Marketing in Simple Terms
- An Introduction to the Game Recommendation Engine
- Best Oculus Quest Battery Packs
- Where to Watch The Promised Neverland Online
- TriVistaMedia says thank you to our clients in 2020 and we wish everyone tremendous success in 2021
- Firework Safety Tips- How to Enjoy Fireworks Safely?
- 6 Resolutions to Set Your Home in 2021
- How to control pests in the kitchen
- Gender gap in entrepreneurship
- Wondering How to Make Money With YouTube?
- How to Run a Productive Virtual Meeting
- Beware of ‘Get Rich Fast’ Programs
- Boko Haram: Nigeria’s biggest security problem
- here are simple ways to solve the difficulties of women loosing weight
- 5 Expert Tips for Writing An Employee Handbook
- Threshold Could Be Reduced for Blood Pressure Lowering Drugs
- Sisterhood – Women Supporting Women In Business
- 8 Steps For Back-To-Work Confidence In Women During Motherhood
- What Are Some Bad Sleeping Habits?
- How is it realized that the two sessions use a 3-meter long-distance credit card?