Planning a Gluten Free Easter Meal
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published February 14, 2013
- Word count 444
Although in the United Kingdom Easter isn't typically associated with foods other than eggs, chocolate and hot cross buns, there are plenty of recipes which are best cooked in spring and are really suitable for a special occasion like Easter.
Many of these are appropriate for coeliac sufferers. There's no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the festive occasion as much as everyone else.
At Easter, eggs should take centre stage on all tables. These look best when dyed. Instead of opting for shop-bought egg dye, start collecting onion skins. Many nations worldwide wrap eggs in onion skins and boil them in little parcels for a beautiful, natural colour effect.
If you find yourselves with too many boiled eggs to eat, use them to make dishes like deviled eggs, scotch eggs and salad nicoise. Boiled eggs can be kept fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
For carnivores, spring is a great season to eat lamb. Sprinkle a roast with fresh herbs and drizzle with some mint sauce. Ideally, the herbs should come from your windowsill or kitchen garden. These taste best!
Alternatively, for a little something lighter opt for chicken or fish. Again, these are great drizzled in some olive oil and sprinkled with salt and fresh herbs. The dishes don't take a lot of effort to prepare, and just need to be put in the oven. These are great for when you have lots of guests coming over as you can save yourself some time.
Vegetarians are really well off in spring with lots of fruit and vegetables in season and at their finest. Use new potatoes in salads or roast them. Beetroot, rhubarb and spinach are also fantastic at this time of the year.
Fancy trying something new this year? Why not experiment with some international cooking. Other cultures boast numerous Easter recipes. For example, traditional Russian food is Paska, a cheese dessert with dried fruit and nuts. This is completely gluten free so recipes needn't be adapted for coeliacs.
Greeks bake a special kind of cookie for Easter and you can easily substitute regular flour with the gluten free kind.
You might not feel like cooking a feast for a big group of friends and family. Providing snacks could be enough. Chop up some fresh vegetables and serve these with a dip like hummus or taramasalata. For something more filling, set out some oat cakes as well.
As you can see, gluten free food is in no way limiting. There are plenty of seasonal foods that can be served at Easter and enjoyed by coeliacs too. Have a lovely Easter!
Harvey McEwan is knowledgeable in the field of gluten free food and many more. Read his articles online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Japan Travel Itinerary
- How ‘No-Code Tools’ Help Your Business.
- How to help a stray dog
- Storing Food for Emergency Situations
- Why Your Business Needs A Corporate Video in 2021
- Which vaccinations are recommended during pregnancy?
- How can I treat a dry throat and esophagus?
- What are the Irresistible Charms of Mature Women?
- 5 DIY Water Damage Restoration Tips for Your Home
- 5 Ways Makes Money on YouTube
- Digital Marketing in Simple Terms
- An Introduction to the Game Recommendation Engine
- Best Oculus Quest Battery Packs
- Where to Watch The Promised Neverland Online
- TriVistaMedia says thank you to our clients in 2020 and we wish everyone tremendous success in 2021
- Firework Safety Tips- How to Enjoy Fireworks Safely?
- 6 Resolutions to Set Your Home in 2021
- How to control pests in the kitchen
- Gender gap in entrepreneurship
- Wondering How to Make Money With YouTube?
- How to Run a Productive Virtual Meeting
- Beware of ‘Get Rich Fast’ Programs
- Boko Haram: Nigeria’s biggest security problem
- here are simple ways to solve the difficulties of women loosing weight
- 5 Expert Tips for Writing An Employee Handbook
- Threshold Could Be Reduced for Blood Pressure Lowering Drugs
- Sisterhood – Women Supporting Women In Business
- 8 Steps For Back-To-Work Confidence In Women During Motherhood
- What Are Some Bad Sleeping Habits?
- How is it realized that the two sessions use a 3-meter long-distance credit card?