Enhance Your Child’s Bedroom
- Author Kevin Schmiterson
- Published March 27, 2013
- Word count 440
As our children grow older they will often want to change the look and feel of their bedrooms. The cowboy décor that they enjoyed as a toddler has made way for superhero motifs, or maybe your teenager is ready for a splash of new color and their wall. No matter what the case may be, there are several ways for you to add a new sense of style to your child’s bedroom décor without having to spend too much money. With the proper planning and budget, your son or daughter can be enjoying their new bedroom space in as little as a weekend.
The best place to start is to sit down with your child and get an idea of the type of theme or style they want their room to be in. After you have established this you can begin the planning phase of your design. For character or cartoon type themes there are many ways to approach the new look. To start with pick a color palette for the walls the matches the general theme. Bright vivid colors are great for superheroes, and darker tones are ideal for older kids. Choose simple upgrades like printed bed sheets and comforters for immediate effects, then look into more specialized products to upgrade the look of the rest of the room.
One good idea that you can use to enhance the theme or style of the room is with creative blinds. These types of blinds often feature licensed characters, artwork, or other designs that appear when the blinds are closed. Some will even show a different image when the blinds are reversed. Not only will this add an extra layer of privacy to your child’s bedroom, but it will also perfectly complement the theme you are going for.
The final touches of the new bedroom makeover can be the most fun. New lamps, nightstands, and other bedroom essentials can all be purchased to match the new décor. During the whole process, make sure your child is helping with the work and design choices as much as possible so that they can feel a sense of accomplishment as well when all the work is said and done. But be sure to let them know how much is left in the budget if they want to pick expensive items, and try to find alternatives if that scenario comes up. In no time at all, you will find that creating a new look for your child’s bedroom is not only a great way to update the look, but also gives you a chance to bond over a project.
One good idea that you can use to enhance the theme or style of the room is with creative blinds.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!
- Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Tips for Mendhi Decor to Blow the Minds of Your Guests
- The Best 5 Bedrooms | Designer Bedroom Furniture