Some Quick Facts About Grand Canyon National Park Planes
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published August 13, 2013
- Word count 629
If you want to take an air tour of the Grand Canyon, you have two choices. You can start your tour at the Grand Canyon National Park Airport, or GCN, in Tusayan, AZ, or you can depart from Las Vegas in Nevada.
Tusayan is close to the main gates at the South Rim and is just ten minutes away from Grand Canyon Village. The amount you want to spend and the city you start from will help you narrow down your selection when choosing among the many exciting Grand Canyon aerial tours.
Airplane Tours Departing From Vegas
It only takes about 30 minutes to fly from Las Vegas to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. Along the way you'll fly over Hoover Dam and scenic Lake Mead. You can choose an air tour that flies over the canyon or one that lands on top of the rim.
If you choose a landing tour, you'll be able to take a chopper flight that lands on the canyon floor (an optional extension adds a fun float trip down the Colorado!) or stay up top and explore. Another option for the landing tours is a VIP pass to the amazing glass Grand Canyon Skywalk.
Vegas Grand Canyon airplanes also do the scenic South Rim. The South Rim tours are actually very popular. The great thing about flying to the South Rim is it only takes an hour to get there. Compare that to a 5-hour motor coach ride! Once you arrive at the South Rim, you will be taken on a scenic 2-hour tour of the Grand Canyon by motor coach. You can even add on a thrilling chopper ride over the canyon if you want.
Flights Out Of Tusayan
When you depart from the GCN airport, you can take a fifty-minute tour that goes from the South Rim to the North Rim and over the eastern edge of the canyon. By the time the tour's finished, passengers have seen nearly all of the entire National Park!
Another air tour lets you add on a raft float along the Colorado. You can take one of these any day of the week. They land at Page, AZ and include an exciting 4x4 tour that takes you to Antelope Canyon.
After you see Antelope Canyon's famous "slot canyons," you'll be driven to the foot of Glen Canyon Dam. Then you will board a 19-passenger pontoon raft and begin the water portion of your trip. You will meander along the Colorado River until you get to Lee's Ferry. The water on this trip is so calm, children as young as four years old are allowed.
Booking Your Seats And Saving Money
Airplane tours of the Grand Canyon are very popular so you need to book your seats early. You don't want to miss out on a fun trip by waiting too late to get your seats. Plus, when you book early, you have more choices in tours and flight times.
You'll get the best price on your tour by booking online, and it is more convenient too. Booking through a hotel concierge or at a street kiosk is probably the worst mistake you could make. You will also pay more when buying from online brokers such as Priceline, Expedia, or Orbitz. The tour companies offer the best discounts, so book your flight right on the company's website.
I hope this info helps you choose an air tour of the Grand Canyon. Before you do anything, decide on your departure point and which rim you want to see. Next, decide on an air-only tour or one that lands. Finally, buy your tickets early and get them from the tour operator's website. If you complete the transaction online, you'll benefit from a terrific Internet discount!
There exists a Grand Canyon National Park plane excursion for everybody and every price range. Go here for the best trips from Vegas. And here if you are starting out from the South Rim: [http://www.lasvegasgrandcanyonairplane.com/coupons.html](http://www.lasvegasgrandcanyonairplane.com/coupons.html)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip