Grand Canyon National Park Helicopters Are Busy On Labor Day So Reserve Early
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published August 18, 2013
- Word count 597
Labor Day is almost here and a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon is a great way to wrap up the summer season.
Since the holiday falls on Monday, September 2nd, you will probably have a three day weekend, making it the perfect time to take a Grand Canyon getaway. You can catch the fun air tours of the Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona and Las Vegas, Nevada.
Vegas offers air tours to the West Rim where you can land on the floor of the canyon or on the rim. It is too far for choppers to fly to the South Rim from Vegas so you have to fly to the South Rim by plane and then transfer to a chopper for your tour.
Air tours that depart from Vegas take a route that lets you see Hoover Dam and Lake Mead on your way to the West Rim.
These aerial tours are perfect if you don't have a lot of time to spend touring the canyon. If time is not an issue, you ought to take one of the fun landing tours if you can.
If you do want to take a landing tour, keep in mind they are only available on Vegas tours to the West Rim. When you land at the West Rim, you have the chance to walk out on the glass Skywalk, take a raft ride on the Colorado River, and enjoy a picnic on the canyon floor.
South Rim Choppers
Flying to the canyon floor is prohibited at the South Rim. You have a choice between taking a thirty-minute or fifty-minute chopper tour. The flight that lasts thirty minutes takes you over to the North Rim and back again, while the fifty minute flight takes you to the North Rim as well as the eastern edge of the Park.
If you take the 50-minute flight, you will be able to see nearly the entire National Park on your tour. Plus the fifty-minute tour uses the EcoStar 130 helicopter, which is designed for comfort and sightseeing.
Labor Day is going to be a busy time at the Grand Canyon since it is the last major weekend of the summer. You want to book your tour as early as possible. You should plan to get your seats at least one week ahead if it is possible. When you get your seats early, you don't have to worry about getting shut out on tour day.
You'll find the best selection of tours online and when you book early you can choose the one you want since they won't be sold out yet. You should go directly to the tour operator's website though and avoid the big travel sites. Why does it matter? The tour operator is the only one who can offer a low rate because he doesn't have to add on a commission.
Labor Day is a fantastic time to take an air tour of the Grand Canyon. Get your tickets early in case the tour you want sells out. Remember to book your seats directly with the tour company. Just do it on their website so you get the discounted Internet rate. Consider adding adventure to your tour by landing at the Grand Canyon. Although these tours are more expensive, they are worth every penny. So if you are flying to the West Rim out of Vegas, take a landing tour that flies you to the bottom of the canyon. And if you are going to the South Rim, choose the fifty-minute chopper tour if you have the time.
If you are planning to go on a Grand Canyon helicopter tour this Labor Day, book it now. Go here for South Rim flights: [http://www.grandcanyonhelicopters.org/south-rim](http://www.grandcanyonhelicopters.org/south-rim) And go here for Las Vegas air tours: [http://www.grandcanyonhelicopters.org/las-vegas](http://www.grandcanyonhelicopters.org/las-vegas)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Things To Consider When You Go Work in Magaluf For The Summer
- Top-10 Cardiff Attractions
- Using the Public Transport Systems in Paris
- How To Travel In Style And Not Spend A Fortune Along The Way
- What Visa to Issue for a Foreigner for a Short Trip to Russia?
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite