Las Vegas Helicopters - Enjoy New Years with a Grand Canyon Tour!
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published December 27, 2013
- Word count 608
Want a fun way to ring in the new year? Try a Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas. The scenery from a chopper is breathtaking and you can even descend to the bottom of the canyon.
Las Vegas is situated just 120 miles away from the Grand Canyon's West Rim. You can fly there in a chopper in only 45 minutes. The helicopters do not fly to the South Rim from Vegas. If you want to tour the South Rim, you should go by airplane.
Hoover Dam Photo Op
The typical flight for these air tours includes going over Lake Mead and Hoover Dam before reaching the Canyon. Your chopper will probably hover over the dam for a short bit so you can take some great pictures of it. After that, you'll see the Grand Cliff's Wash and the river.
The Colorado River headwaters are situated along the base of the
Rocky Mountains, and they make for an impressive sight from the air. It winds and snakes through the Canyon's bottom, constantly eroding it's banks and making the chasm ever deeper.
The type of tour you book determines your activities at the canyon. There are two types: Aerial and landing. The aerial tours are fun for sightseeing since you stay in the air and just fly over the canyon. If you don't have much time or money, the aerial tours are ideal.
Descending To The Canyon Floor
In my opinion, however, landing tours are the optimal way to enjoy this best of the Seven Natural Wonders. One of these fun tours takes you down to the canyon floor where you are treated to a nice lunch complete with champagne. The 15-minute ride to the bottom of the canyon is a thrilling experience.
You can also add on a fun float trip along the gentle waters of the Colorado River. Then you get back on the helicopter and go to the top, land, and do the Grand Canyon Skywalk. This attraction is also called the Glass Bridge. If you can muster the courage, you can walk out on the bridge 70 feet past the edge of the canyon.
Understand that the New Year's holiday is a very busy time for Las Vegas. This means that helicopter rides are expected to fill up fast. You should try to get your seats at least 72 hours in advance. There are two reasons for this. It ensures you get a seat on a tour. And second, you will get a better price.
Buy Tours Online
Speaking of price, the best way to get a fair deal is to book your flight on the Internet. Not only that, it is quick and convenient to book your seats online, plus it helps you see all the available options. You will also find the child rates for kids 11 and younger when you book online. Go off the Web and rarely will you find reduced pricing for children.
Remember, it will be cold in the canyon during the winter. Vegas is in the desert but it isn't hot all year long. Indeed, summers are blistering hot. But such warmth doesn't extend into the winter months. Temperatures often drop below freezing during the night when the sun goes down. In the Grand Canyon, it gets cold at night but often stays cold all day too.
Touring the Grand Canyon by chopper is an experience you don't want to miss. There is no better time to go than the New Year's holiday. The scenic views are spectacular in the canyon during winter and since it is the off-season for tourists, you won't have to fight crowds once you get there.
Let us take a Grand Canyon helicopter excursion! Go here for a listing of the best Vegas operators: [http://grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-tours.html](http://grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-tours.html) Then here for the best specials on these amazing flights: [http://grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-deals.html](http://grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-deals.html)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations