Consider Grand Canyon Helicopters for Your Upcoming Travel Adventure
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published March 31, 2014
- Word count 577
You have many choices for a fun-filled getaway. For instance, you could take a tropical cruise. You could even try hiking and hitching rides across the country and go from one unknown destination to the next. You may prefer a scenic drive with a car full of friends. However, there is one experience like no other and that is taking a chopper tour of the Grand Canyon.
Traveling abroad is always a possibility too. Imagine visiting England, Italy, or France. Or you could go to Asia and experience Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, or China.
If you are like a lot of people though, you prefer to travel to points in the USA. Popular American tourist destinations include San Francisco, New York City, Washington, DC, Yellowstone Park and Mount Rushmore. And of course, don't forget the Grand Canyon which just happens to be one of the biggest canyons on the planet. It definitely earns its name!
You may not automatically think of helicopter tours when you think of the Grand Canyon. That's a shame, because a chopper can give you a unique aerial view that few other modes of transportation provide. Grand Canyon choppers can fly at much lower altitudes than planes, so you get a closer view of this internationally famous destination. Plus, in some locations, choppers are allowed to fly down to the canyon floor. If you'd rather stay in the air, you can do that too. You get to choose the best tour that suits you.
What's So Great About Helicopters?
Because Grand Canyon helicopters fly at such low altitudes, you'll get a great perspective on the Park's rocky spires, temples and buttes. The flight is a shutterbug's dream come true because there are so many beautiful sights to photograph. So make sure your camera is fully charged and ready to go. You'll be disappointed if your battery dies or if you forget your camera when you are surrounded by such beautiful scenes.
Let your pilot know if your heart is set on seeing a particular sight. Sometimes they can accommodate specific requests from tour passengers. They usually stick to a strict flight path and don't venture too far off it. This makes passenger-customized flights almost impossible (particularly at the South Rim). Be sure to ask in advance if you have a special request and maybe you'll get lucky.
These fun flights over the Grand Canyon are quite popular with travelers. Once you decide to take one, book your seats as soon as you can. The popular tours usually sell out way ahead of time and if you are lucky to get a seat, you'll have to pay more when you wait. So try to book your seats one or two weeks before you want to go.
Get Ready For A Fun Trip
Hopefully these facts will help you out. If you plan to depart from Las Vegas, your chopper will go to the West Rim. If you depart from a city in Arizona, you will tour the South Rim. Decide whether you prefer a landing tour or one of the air-only versions. Chopper tours to the South Rim are air-only, but you can land at the West Rim and if you have time, you should consider it. Be sure to book your seats online. That is where the best deals are. Go straight to the tour operator's website and buy your seats there so you qualify for the discounted Internet rate.
There are no posted comments.
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019
- Benefits of Traveling by Train