What Is The VMWare Horizon View
- Author Cody Butler
- Published April 23, 2014
- Word count 401
If you are interested in making your workload easy, then the VMWare Horizon View is one workstation that you should try out. Formerly called "VMware View", this desktop virtualisation solution simplifies desktop management by centralizing all users’ data in the remote server allowing the user to access their data virtually anywhere. Access is made easier as the data is stored in servers powerful enough so that users with thin clients (low-cost devices) will no longer need to be powerful in order to access these data.
Benefits of VMWare Horizon View
Using desktop virtualization software has its advantages; however, here are some advantages of VMWare that are distinct from other desktop solutions.
Security. One of the advantages of the VMWare is the fact that you can restrict access to sensitive information to prevent files from being copied. As all data is sent to the virtual server, information can be obtained without copying the whole files. Some parts of the information may also be put into restricted access; as such, only those who have passwords can obtain the information.
Up-time. As the data is located in the virtual server, one can do data backup or updates without having to consider whether the computers of users are turned on or not. This saves time as well as prevents any downtime that many companies experience especially during updates or patches which can take up quite some time as well. Administrators can just logged in to the virtual server and upload the updates without having to physically visit each workstation.
Convenience. Another thing about the desktop software is the fact that it is convenient as most consoles are already included in the interface dashboard so one can check for details without having to switch from one window to another. For administrators for example, the users group, inventory, configurations are all located in one dashboard so they can easily check the users currently in session as well as data stored in the server. They can also allocate spaces for each user in the interface. The fact that one can integrate these with cloud enables user data flexibility.
Independence. As licensing of operating systems tend to be expensive especially if you have to constantly buy upgrades, virtual desktops such as the VMWare is cost effective. You can install a licensed OS to the virtual desktop and still use that desktop on other computers that have a different OS.
There are no posted comments.
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- Boost productivity with a single database development environment
- Ground-breaking women in tech showcased at Future of Work Conference
- Industrial-grade disk sanitation for enterprises
- Manage dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- All-in-one data recovery, backup, and security
- Boot up any computer with Active@ LiveCD
- Secure IT asset disposal made easy with KillDisk Desktop
- Microsoft Ceases Free Security Updates Support is ending for Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010
- Meet GetBlock.io – a provider of the most popular blockchain nodes!
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain your PC with Active@ Boot Disk
- The guide teaching How to Fix Installation Error with Canon Printer to do canon printer introduce method
- The Essential Guide to Training Data
- How to Troubleshoot Quicken Error OL-220-a?
- A photo manager and digital asset manager for creative photography
- Improve your drafting with a multi-purpose CAD platform
- How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone
- Simplify your migration from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign
- How To Take Grow Light Help In Indoor Plants
- Introduction to PDF to word conversion on Windows, and Mac
- Bring out the best in your photos with ACDSee Professional photo software
- Want to Become an IT Security Professional?
- Securely erase your data with Active@ ZDelete
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- SAP S/4 HANA – Empowering Manufacturers Driving Digital Transformation
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm