CAT Preparation Books
- Author Saurav Chopra
- Published May 27, 2014
- Word count 400
All popular CAT preparation books claim to solve all of your problems but, in fact, very few can meet all of your test needs. Many CAT preparation material guides have good material on English Proficiency but may have a less-than-average coverage of Quantitative Ability. As such, therefore, if you ask a bookshop for a good CAT preparation guide, you may not find many in its truest sense. The lack of good stand-alone guides containing CAT preparation material may be due to the frequently changing CAT pattern in the past. But the CAT, now conducted online, has become almost standardized, helping the test-takers know about the real CAT.
The books containing the best CAT preparation material are published by reputed publishers. You may pay attention to the following points while buying a guide for CAT preparation material:
Buy a book published by a reputed publisher. Buying a cheap guide for CAT Preparation Material from a relatively little-known publisher is better avoided.
The CAT preparation material guide should be according to the latest CAT trends. As far as possible, buy the latest edition of the CAT study guide.
Most guides containing CAT preparation material also provide a CD alongside for online practice tests. The book you are buying should be accompanied by such a CD otherwise your CAT preparation is just not complete.
The guide book ought to have chapters devoted to different topics and tips for shortcuts.
Besides, we strongly recommend that you refer to the following classic books to start preparing for the verbal ability part of the CAT:
- Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary –Published by Oxford University Press and Edited by A B Bowie
Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
2." Word Power Made Easy" – By Norman Lewis (Goal Saab Publishers)
"All About Words" – An Adult Approach To Vocabulary Building --- Rosenblum, Nurnberg
For basic grammar and sentence correction ---"High School Grammar and Composition" ---- By Wren & Martin
The following CAT preparation material is recommended for the CAT Maths and Reasoning parts:
A. Practice or calculation work on
Decimal – Fraction conversions and vice-versa
Fraction-- Percentage conversions and vice-versa
Tables (From 10-20)
Squares (From 11 - 30) and
Cubes (From 1- 15)
B. Puzzle Books By Late Shakuntala Devi
C. NCERT Mathematics books for classes 5-10 (For review of basic concepts)
You need to use all the CAT study materials listed above before you begin with any other study material for CAT preparation.
There are no posted comments.
- Starting Your Homeschool
- Best Ways on How to Avoid Academic Fatigue
- How I Aced My IT Certification With 200-301 Dumps PDF
- The Way M2150-860 Dumps Helped Me to Get Succeeded By The First Attempt.
- 3 Microsoft Certifications You Need This Year
- Writing Thesis Tips – 4 Tips Which Will Ensure You a great Thesis
- Learn to Include Page Numbers in PDF Documents – Organize PDF Files
- Medical billing and coding
- Is the Employer Giving Importance to Security Certification Training?
- Top Benefits of Being a Certified with Cisco Certification Training
- King Henry VIII College, International School in Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Cable Avoidance is Key to Ensuring Safe Digging Practices
- The Many Risks Involved When Undertaking Any Sort Of Excavation Work
- A Family Survival Backpack/Kit
- Education Translation – The Demand That Will Never Cease
- How Smart Learning Is Revolutionizing The Classroom
- Site Manager Course and CPD
- Methods for Selecting and Determining Plant Locations
- The Many Potential Problems When Undertaking Excavation Work
- Private vs public education
- Can You Crack NATA If You’re Not Good at Maths?
- Ways to Prevent Underground Utility Strikes
- Things to Know About HSE’s HSG47 Guidance
- Benefits, Methods and Applications of GPR
- General Knowledge
- Things You Need to Know About Utility Mapping
- Assignment expert
- How Can You Prevent Utility Strikes?
- Simple Guidelines on How to Write an Evaluation Essay
- IELTS Writing Tips