4 Tips to Cut Down your Electricity Bill
- Author Luke Clarity
- Published August 16, 2014
- Word count 544
Need to cut down on your home wasted expenses and economize more money? As an online LED lighting store in Australia, we will give you some tips to start saving on electricity. Many small details can be fixed to minimize your electricity bill, all you have to do is to change some of your habits. The following tips don’t only let you save money, but also protect the environment:
Replace incandescent and halogen light bulbs with energy saving LED light bulbs: For the time being, the most common type of lights used to save energy is the fluorescent light bulb. Lately, LED light bulbs have started to pick up too; they are up to ten times more effective than fluorescent lights, and way more energy efficient than the conventional lights. Whereas, conventional lighting - like incandescent and halogen lights- contains mercury and other toxic substances, LED lights are made of non-toxic materials which make them 100% recyclable and harmless for the environment. So, go to the nearest LED lighting store or order them online to replace all your ceiling lights and bathroom lights with LED lighting products to save energy.
Prevent power loss by switching off power points when electronics are not being used: plugged electronics, even when turned off, keep on consuming energy without your knowledge. For example, up to 30% of power used by TV is consumed when it is turned off. Therefore, to prevent losing energy and money, better to unplug it from the electricity outlet when not in use. Even when using LED lighting, which is the most efficient lighting solution, make sure the lights are off during the day and every time you exit a room at night.
Turn non-essential electricity off when on holidays or away: This tip is close to the previous one, but on a larger scale. When you are on holidays or out of town for business or on any other occasion, many electronic devices are not essential to keep turned on, so unplug them. The only thing you can actually leave plugged is the refrigerator, but only if it’s full of stocked food.
Make the most out of only one LED light bulb per room: on many occasions, we can see a room with many light bulbs to optimize the lighting experience. However, each room needs only one LED light bulb to fully illuminate it, depending on the light output of each bulb. The latter notion is called lumens/watt, which tells you how efficient the LED light bulb is. On the other hand, several bulbs in one room mean a bigger consumption of energy. Here’s a trick on how to maximize your lighting using only one LED globe or LED spotlight: paint your walls with white colors – this color reflects the light from the LED light fixtures more than any other color causing a better brightness.
Those were some of the many other things each and every one of us could and should apply at home to save on electrical energy and contribute in protecting the environment. Replacing the conventional lights with saving energy LED light bulbs and switching off non-used electronics can make you save on your electricity bill. So act fast, save energy, save your money and protect the environment.
Clarity Energy is an online LED lighting store for individual home use and businesses to buy energy saving LED lights in Australia. It offers a wide variety of LED lighting (LED globes, LED light bulbs, LED fixtures and LED spotlights). The company also provide assistance in lighting design, energy saving solutions, and other electrical services.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals