How to Sand the Wooden Floor?
- Author Kevin Elliott
- Published August 19, 2014
- Word count 515
The trend of wooden flooring is spreading like a wild fire in each and every part of the U.K. and across the world. There are a lot of companies that give the services like sanding, sealing, repair and complete wood floor restoration in Sunderland, Morpeth and other areas of the U.K.
People have started giving importance to flooring because they have realised that that the floor is one of the most important issue when it comes to home improvement. It contributes a lot in enhancing the beauty of the room. There are a lot of companies that give services of flooring in Newcastle, Sunderland and other areas of the U.K.
It is understandable that the sanding a hardwood floor is not an easy task, but you can do it on your own if you pursue some simple and easy to follow steps.
- Gather the Materials Needed for the Process:
Firstly, gather all the things you are going to need during the entire process so that you do not have to rush while the process is on. So, you are going to need three heavy duty sanders: drum, edging and corner. Also, buy the sandpapers for each one that has a particular shape. They are really expensive so you will have to use it in a correct way; it may get damaged if it is not fitted in the correct manner.
- Dress up Safe:
Secondly, you need to properly get dressed up and prepare yourself. As sending is really dusty and noisy job. So, you need to wear the protective clothing like an appropriate ear protector and respiratory mask to prevent yourself from falling sick.
- Prepare the House:
As the work is dusty, cover the doors so that they do not get spoiled due to dust. Also, open the windows so that the room remains ventilated.
The Process of Sanding:
Get the floor ready by nailing down the floor boards that are loose. Drive all the nails and screws below the boards if they any of them are sticking out.
Fit the sand paper inside the floor sander so that it remains tight around the drum. Stand at one end of the room, plug in and start the sander, keep it off the floor while you start it and move towards the end of that strip by gently lowering down the sander to the floor. Once you are done, turn it and again start for the next strip.
Do not forget to unplug the sander each time to fix the sand paper into it.
Once you are done with straight strips, do it diagonally across the floor
Once, the main area is done, work along the edges of the room and then the corners using the respective sanders.
The last step is to sweep around the floor, vacuum it and then wipe it off with a damp mop. After applying the finis, you can do two coats of the varnish, but sometimes a hand sanding is needed between the two coats. But, it is easy to do as it dries quickly.
People have understood the importance of flooring in Newcastle, Sunderland and other areas of the U.K. So, if you are in the search of the company that provides the wood floor services, contact the ‘Northumberland Floor Sanding’. It is one of the best companies in the U.K.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach