Water Conditioner: A Guide to Better Water
- Author Michael Discepolo
- Published August 27, 2014
- Word count 590
There’s a difference between a water conditioner and a water softener, though people sometimes use the terms interchangeably. The kind of water you have (as well as the budget you’re working with) may determine whether you need a water conditioner or a softener, though both have their benefits.
So what is a water conditioner? That answer will vary depending upon who you ask. A water conditioner can be many things. It can be a system that removes sediment, chlorine and odors; it can even be a system that purports to reduce scale such as magnets attached to the plumbing. It’s a system, really, which pulls out impurities from water, though it does NOT remove the minerals. The system works with the use of a resin tank, which holds different types of filtering material designed to remove a certain contaminant. Depending on the material in the tank, replacing or replenishing the material may be required. It’s important to note, however, that while the water conditioner process may reduce the effects of scaling and lessen the amount of spots left on your dishes, it cannot remove minerals like iron or calcium from your water. For that you’ll need a water softener.
Still not sure whether or not to use a water conditioner or a water softener? Ask yourself the following questions:
1.Do I squeak when I bathe? Contrary to popular belief, "squeaky clean" isn’t the best option. Hard water takes away your skin’s natural oils, so softer water is the healthier choice. Some people claim that soft water makes them feel a bit slippery, but it’s usually because they are unused to feeling water the way it’s supposed to be felt.
2.Do my pipes have a lot of scale? If the answer is no, then a water conditioner system might be a better choice than a softening system. If there isn’t a lot of buildup in the pipes, your water might not be as hard as you think. You should talk to an expert, however, before making the decision about what is or isn’t too much.
3.What is a water conditioner going to do for my city water? It could help you remove extra chlorine or chemicals, and help remove any contaminants that might have been missed by your water company. If your health is important to you, then a conditioner could be in your future.
If you’re concerned about water spots or metals in your water, a water softener can take care of those for you. Saltless water conditioners also do nothing for spots on your dishes, and can cause you to use more soap. If you’re looking only to remove some sediment, then water conditioning is the right choice.
The Benefits of Using a Water Conditioner
In the end, whether or not you condition your water comes down to the benefits you’ll reap. In short, here’s what you stand to gain:
•Cleaner, fresher tasting water
•Water with less chlorine in it
•Water with less sediment
•Better working pipes because of reduced scaling
The best part of all, however, is that you’ll see more money in your pocket. With water conditioning, you spend less money: you don’t need a plumber as often, you can grow more food (if you wish), and you don’t need to wash clothes twice. You’ll be healthier, too, from drinking and bathing in water that isn’t contaminated – and it’s impossible to put a price on that.
Aqua Mech was founded in 1992 with the sole purpose of providing superior equipment backed by superior service. We take pride in our accomplishments, such as having more certifications than all of the local competitors combined! With more than 20 years’ experience, Aqua Mech is more than a water treatment company; we’re people who care passionately about the quality of the water you drink. http://www.aquamech.net/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach