5 Tips on Swimming Pool Maintenance
- Author Alexa Smith
- Published October 14, 2014
- Word count 509
Summer is the time for excursions, long road trips, and swimming. On a hot, searing summer day, spending time in a pool is refreshing and rejuvenating. To ensure that your pool is in pristine condition, you need to put in the effort to clean and maintain it. However, a lot of people procrastinate cleaning their pools, which not only affects their pools, but also compromises the safety of their loved ones. While maintaining a pool does require time and energy, you need to keep in mind that undertaking it is a necessity and not a choice. Mentioned below are a few tips on swimming pool maintenance that will be beneficial for you.
Skim the pool regularly
Skimming the surface of the pool doesn’t take much time; if possible, try to do it on a daily basis. Skimming is an easy way of removing bugs, leaves, etc. from the pool. If left unattended, these unwanted items will eventually sink and removing them later will become more cumbersome. It is well known that skimming drastically improves the pool’s circulation system. Also, people who skim their pools on a frequent basis don’t need to use chlorine in large quantities. Apart from regular skimming, cleaning the strainer baskets at least once a week is necessary; doing it will also help in improving the circulation of the pool.
Vacuum the pool every week
Vacuuming your pool once a week is an integral part of proper pool maintenance. It will clear the pool of any harmful substances and reduce the amount of chlorine that has to be used to keep the pool free of bacteria. An average pool requires half an hour of vacuuming every day. Along with vacuuming the pool, you should brush its surface, walls, and tiles to clear the buildup of algae and calcium.
Periodically clean your pool filter
While pool filters are made of different materials, all require periodic cleaning and maintenance. However, it is important to follow the recommendations as overdoing it can damage the filter. You should check the flow between the pressure gauge and flow meter and if you think there is an increased flow, it might be time for cleaning the filter.
Maintain the necessary water level
It is important that you pay attention to the water level in your pool as otherwise the pump can suffer damage. During the summers, a lot of water is lost from the pool due to evaporation and general use. Therefore, you should make it a point to check the water level regularly and bring it up to the appropriate levels.
Inspect the pool for repairs
Inspecting damages at an early stage and getting it repaired immediately will cost lesser than leaving the damage unattended. Leaks and scratches occur over a period of time due to general wear and tear; therefore, it is important to pay attention to these.
These were a few tips on maintaining your swimming pools. We hope that the tips mentioned in this article will help you in maintaining your pool easily and effectively.
Alexa Smith, a freelancing Content writer, lives in Toronto. Currently writing for Cannonball Pools. You can read more about swimming pool cleanness tips and services at cannonballpools.ca.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?