7 Things you didn’t Know about LED Light Bulbs
- Author Luke Clarity
- Published December 15, 2014
- Word count 533
Australia is becoming a major consumer of LED lights. In the past couple of years, the city of Sydney alone distributed more than 4,100 energy saving LED lights on the parks and streets which helped them reduce energy use by 34%. The government projected to replace, in the coming 3 years, around 6,500 conventional lights with LED light bulbs. The reason for this is the main benefit of LED lighting products which is the energy efficiency. LED lights can be 6 to 10 times more energy efficient than traditional ones. This might be old information for you, but what are the other things you didn’t know about LED lights bulbs?
Definition of LED: It stands for Light-Emitting-Diode, which is an electrical component that lets electricity pass in only one direction.
The 1st LED was invented by Nick Holonyak Jr in 1962: The first visible LED appeared in the 1962 on the hands of Nick Holonyak Jr. while working for General Electrics (GE). Found as a great invention for saving energy, more have been manufactured. The early LEDs were produced only in red lights. With the rise of their popularity, manufacturers started the production of colored ones like green, blue and even white.
LED lights can be used for 20,000 to 50,000 hours: Good quality bulbs can run, non-stop, for 20,000 hours, which is a bit more than 2 years, while high quality LED lighting products have a non-stop useful life that can reach 50,000 hours, which amount to a bit less than 6 years. They are definitely more economic than traditional lights which can illuminate for around 1,200 hours.
LEDs waste less heat than conventional lights: The efficiency of LED lights is due to their low conversion of energy into heat; 80% of the generated power is transformed into light, and 20% into heat. In contrast, conventional bulbs convert around 80 to 90% of the energy into heat, and the remaining into light. This transformation of energy makes LED spotlights and globes cooler than traditional ones.
Light-emitting-diodes don’t attract bugs: One of the practical reasons to use these energy saving light bulbs is that they don’t attract insects like hot lights do.
LED lights are adopted for different use: With the energy saving light becoming more common, their use is now being multiplied for several purposes. The most popular use of these lights, other than the bulbs, is on computer monitors and TV screens. But did you know that they are also used publically in traffic lights, vehicle brake lights, billboards and others?
LEDs are environmental friendly: The benefit of saving energy with LED globes and spotlights affects your electricity bill. It can help you economize around 30% of the money spent on electricity. On the another hand, LEDs are known for being environmental friendly. The use of non-toxic substances makes them harmless to nature. No damaging gazes are being discharged in the open air.
Briefly, LED products can be today’s best choice of lighting on many levels. However, you have to be careful when purchasing from LED light stores or manufacturers. It’s been noticed that many of them are giving wrong information about their products leading the buyers to purchase deceitful products. Such allegations are surprising the consumers with shorter lifespan and less performing bulbs than expected.
Clarity Energy is an online LED lighting store for individual home use and businesses to buy energy saving LED lights in Australia. It offers a wide variety of LED lighting products (LED globes, LED light bulbs, LED fixtures and LED spotlights). The company also provide assistance in lighting design, energy saving solutions, and other electrical services.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?