Mercedes’ E 220 BlueTEC Delivers Power, Smooth Operation And Fuel Economy
- Author James Burton
- Published January 12, 2015
- Word count 387
While the driving dynamics, comfort and pleasure characteristic of the German luxury carmaker are there, the latest E 220 BlueTEC also underscores the environmental credentials of the E-Class, emitting just 128 grams of CO2 per kilometre.
The E 220 BlueTEC’s drive system is powered by a 4-cylinder diesel engine with direct injection. Mercedes says the engine combines qualities which were previously considered incompatible - maximum tractive power and smooth operation - while at the same time operating on minimal fuel consumption.
Mercedes refers to the E-Class as the ‘efficiency class’, offering superior driving pleasure with fuel economy. It says 4.9 litres of diesel will get the E 220 BlueTEC a distance of 100 kilometres (NEDC combined) and its CO2 emission level of 128 grams per kilometre betters any other vehicle in the segment. As a result, the E 220 BlueTEC already meets the future Euro 6 emissions standard.
Among competitors of the E 220 BlueTEC are the 2014 BMW 535d and 2014 Audi A6 TDI Diesel. The BMW features an inline six-cylinder turbocharged 3.0-litre engine that delivers a smooth and quiet ride that can make one forget the vehicle’s a diesel, while the Audi has lag-free power delivery that nicely complements its imperturbable feel and sense of unmatched solidity and makes for satisfying back-road running and easy handling in traffic.
Fuel-efficient the E 220 BlueTEC is. Yet it’s also gutsy, generating 177 horsepower and impressive torque of 400 Newton-metres. Acceleration from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour is in 8.4 seconds and top speed is 227 kilometres per hour.
The latest model features a 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission that’s been optimized with respect to driving comfort and consumption, and there’s an ECO start/stop function
that ensures the engine is temporarily switched off when the vehicle is at a standstill.
The 4-cylinder diesel powerplant with two output levels that sits under the hood of the E 220 BlueTEC is significantly more powerful, frugal and cleaner than comparable predecessors. BlueEFFICIENCY technologies were used to achieve the greatest possible environmental compatibility, says Mercedes.
The common-rail diesel technology features up to 2000 bar of increased injection pressure, optimized combustion chambers and fast, precisely switching injectors. Fast-acting ceramic glow plugs help to improve cold-running properties.
The high torque available in all engine speed ranges is thanks to the high ignition pressure and two-stage supercharging, while two Lanchester balancer shafts help to guarantee the required smoothness of operation.
James Burton (Passionate about cars and especially the Mercedes). Unadulterated driving pleasure driving SL roadsters that use cutting-edge technology.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to trade in my car with payments left on the loan?
- Want to Buy a Quality Car? just in a used car
- Which 2019 car do women prefer? According to the Women’s World Car of the Year it’s the Mazda 3.
- Everything you need to know about Car Key Programmers
- What are the Subaru WRX models?
- What Is Fuel Injector Cleaner ?
- How To Remove Overspray From Glass Easily?
- How to Remove Auto Paint Overspray Easily & Effectively?
- 8 Auspicious Car Plate Numbers That Will Bring You Prosperity in 2020
- 4 Things that Affect Your Fuel Economy of Your Car
- Get the Service of Paint Overspray Removal On Car from Specialist Overspray Removal Cleaners
- How to Remove Overspray From Car?
- Remove overspray from plastic with the help of skilled professionals of JLN
- Professionals know how to Remove Overspray From Car Paint, and They know it Best
- Reasons to Rent a Car in Dubai
- Until Recently, We Never Understood The Dangers Of The Internal Combustion Engine
- Charging Times Can Be A Problem For Electric Vehicles
- How To Evaluate A Used Car's Condition
- Aston Martin
- Budgeting Tips for Buying a Car
- The complete guide to buying and selling cars in Dubai
- Best Future Jobs You Should Look Forward To In Automotive Industry
- Historic Racing Crashes That Revolutionised Car Safety
- How Really does Head Up Display Work?
- How to Prevent Car Sickness in Your Mazda MX-5
- How To Use Tire Inflator ?
- What is the Safest Colour for Your Subaru XV?
- A Brief 2018 Mazda 2 Sedan Review
- A Brief 2019 Mazda CX-3 Review
- 3 Tips for the Best Used Carsales: Perth Wa Dealer Advice