Three roof care tips
- Author Gary Wilson
- Published January 22, 2015
- Word count 437
Your roof has an extremely important job, to protect the rest of your home from the elements. When your roof is in top shape, it’s prepared for this demanding task; but when it falls into disrepair, things can go from bad to worse in a hurry. Unfortunately, most homeowners don’t give their roof a second thought until it’s too late and expensive repairs or even a total roof replacement is required. Here are three tips you should keep in mind so that your roof is always up to the task of protecting your home. With winter right around the corner, now is a good time to get started with maintaining your roof.
Taking care of your roof starts with taking care of your trees. If your property has older trees that are large enough to hang over your roof, that is a potential hazard. Most threatening, of course, is the risk of a large branch or the entire tree falling onto your roof causing massive structural damage. But there are also other hazards. Branches that drag across your roof during a windy day causes your shingles to lose their granules prematurely. Fallen twigs and leaves can pile up on your roof leading to pooling water or they can accumulate in your rain gutters causing water to spill over and damage your home. To keep your roof in top shape, regularly trim back your trees. Have a tree removal service take care of any dangerous trees or branches that pose an especially large threat.
Your roof takes a beating all year long from the elements. Not surprisingly, various kinds of roof damage can occur quite frequently even with a newer roof. Eventually, your roof will wear down enough that it needs to be replaced. But if you want to maximize the life of your roof, you can regularly inspect and repair your roof. Most roofing companies will perform a free roof inspection. They’ll look for damage to the flashing, cracked or curling shingles, and other common roofing problems. Whatever problems they find, it’s recommended that you get them fixed as soon as possible before the winter weather makes the problems worse.
Ventilation and insulation
Finally, problems with your ventilation and insulation can cause serious problems for your roof, especially in the winter. If heat is escaping into your attic space this winter, ice dams can form in your rain gutters damaging them and nearby roof shingles. Make sure that your ventilation and insulation are adequate.
Home improvement news brought to you by bartonroof.com
Source: niagarathisweek.com/shopping-story/5024695-three-tips-to-protect-your-roof-from-damage/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Is Etching Concrete Necessary? Weighing The Pros and Cons Of This Home Improvement Method
- Power Washing Services in Chicago; DIY or Hire a Pro?
- Choosing the Right Builder in the UK
- 5 Tips For Cleaning the House
- Protect the Plumbing Pipes in your Home from Freezing During Winter Months
- Creating Your Dream Home: A Guide to the Different Types of Home Extensions
- Small Outdoor Kitchen in LA
- How does commercial cleaning vary from domestic cleaning?
- How To Choose The Right Hinges For The Doors
- Are You Worried About Construction Cleaning After Renovating or Constructing Your House?
- How To Approach Removing Asbestos Removal in Sydney
- Professional Carpet Cleaning vs. Do-It-Yourself Methods: Which is Better?
- Installation Tips for Outdoor Lighting Fixtures
- 5 Reasons to Call a Professional Plumber for Drain Cleaning
- Why Smart Home Automation In Cumbernauld Is The Best Home Improvement Installation Absolutely Everyone Needs
- 4 Bathroom Cleaning Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making
- Looking For a Maid Service in San Jose? Remember These 5 Important Things
- Preparing Your House For Sale: The Top 4 Benefits of Hiring a Cleaning Service
- Why online bed shopping is better than visiting home furniture store?
- Waste Removal Companies and How to Choose and Use Them
- It's Far Better To Trust The Smart Home Installers In Manchester Than To DIY This Home Improvement Task – Here's Why
- How to Get a Set of Plans for Your Room Addition: The Complete Guide
- How to Choose a General Contractor to Remodel My House: The Ultimate Guide
- How to heat water with solar panel?
- 9 Signs You Need Emergency Plumber In Your Home
- Pavers for your Driveway, Patio or Pool Deck
- Paver Driveways
- 3 Electrical Safety Tips for Your Home
- 10 Beautiful, Inexpensive Bathroom Remodel Ideas
- Home Sauna Installation Guide: How to Do it Like a Pro?