10 Ways to Upgrade Your Patio
- Author David Duncan
- Published February 24, 2015
- Word count 678
Your backyard space requires the same love and attention you pay your living space inside your home. Perhaps your old patio deck has wood flooring and needs an upgrade, or maybe that concrete patio space doesn't look as inviting as it once did.
With a few patio upgrade ideas, you can transform your old patio and create a backyard living space both you and your visitors can enjoy.
- Create a new look with stone pavers.
Concrete shows wear and tear over the years and it cracks under pressure and beneath the hot Florida sun. A great way to improve your patio area is to add patio pavers. Stone patio pavers have many advantages and come in a variety of surface finishes, shapes and colors, which you can mix and match for a unique look.
- Go with ready-to-assemble furniture.
You can save money and create a beautiful space with ready-to-assemble furniture. You can find modern and traditional outdoor furniture that fits the space and complements the natural settings. If you really want to save money on outdoor patio furniture, buy it at the end of the season. You can save almost half of the original cost.
- Build a fire pit.
Whether in the cool winter or even in the summer time, a firepit will go a long way to freshen up your backyard space. When the sun goes down, illuminate your patio space with a fire pit. You and your guests can sit around the fire, roast marshmallows and enjoy spending time under the stars.
- Liven the area with plants.
A few potted plants here, and a few container flowers there liven any patio space. Select colored containers that complement your patio color scheme, and choose flowers that require full sun if you have an uncovered patio.
- Brighten the patio with more color.
Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls to bring life into your outdoor space. You can also paint the patio door a different color to create an interesting focal point. Check out which colors affect our moods and how.
- Shine some light on the patio.
Install an outdoor sconce next to the patio door for more light, or hang stringed lights around the patio for a festive look. You can also install lights in the patio steps to create interest and improve safety.
- Make a splash with a water feature.
The sound of running water creates a soothing place to relax. Even if you don't have a pool, you can see have a water feature. By adding a rock column fountain or a similar water feature on or near your patio, not only will you enjoy the sounds of running water, but it can also create a beautiful focal point.
- Add stone seating for guests.
Wouldn't it be fun to combine seating with your permanent planters. Stone seated walls add a permanent space for guests to sit and admire the view. Stone seats make the ideal upgrade patio design, as they blend in with the natural surroundings and don't take up existing space.
- Install an outdoor kitchen.
Although this idea will take a bit more of a budget, it will definitely wow your guests. Consider adding an outdoor kitchen. You can cook and entertain guests on the patio without having to run inside every few minutes to check on the food. A new gas grill, some stone walls and a few granite countertops can transform any dull patio into an entertainment space.
- Cool down with a ceiling fan.
A must in Florida. If you have a covered patio, consider installing a ceiling fan overhead. The fan will circulate the air and keep everyone cool in the Florida heat.
If you're ready to create your own backyard oasis, call our design specialists. We can help you decide which features will work best with your space. This list is not all inclusive. We are sure you have additional ideas of what your ideal backyard will look like. Let us help you make it a reality. Call us at 407-862-6060 or contact us via our website.
If you have screen and pool enclosure questions, or would like more information, please contact: David Duncan, Owner, DuLando Screen & Awning: (407) 862-6060 or www.dulandoscreen.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Walking Sticks Guide - Tips For Buying A Walking Stick As A Gift
- Why Solar Panel Installations are Good for the Environment?
- What You Must Consider Before Hiring Your Next Emergency Locksmith
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors Part 2
- Using Air Scrubbers to Remove Fire Particulates and Smoke from Your Home.
- Locksmith Friendswood Texas
- 7 Reasons to Choose Tiles for Your Home
- 6 Ways To Redesign Your Home After Covid-19
- Choosing the Right Basin for Your Bathroom
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home