That 70's Revival
- Author Donna Serino
- Published May 21, 2015
- Word count 656
The comforting thing about fashion is that it often repeats itself. As much as we enjoy the innovation of forward thinking designers, it is always a pleasure to see the return of certain beloved fashion trends. (However, some should be left in the past. Stay away 1980s shoulder pads.) For 2015, fashion lovers can expect to see a revival of the 70’s within women’s fashion.
Prints and more prints
With a 1970s inspired look, colorful and fun prints are one of the most important elements. For those of you normally hiding behind a monochromatic palette, this is your opportunity to branch out. Pair a daring print with an Earth tone. Still nervous about wearing a bold design? Wear a fun scarf or accessory to add a little pop.
Own your flare
When people think back to this decade, there is one memorable trend that stands out – the flare. Now, don’t worry. Many of today’s flares are not equivocal to the ones found in humiliating, vintage pictures or your old Halloween hippy costume. The subdued flare or boot cut pant can be worn at home or to the office. They are quite flattering and work well with a feminine, fitted blouse. A high-tapered waist creates a pretty silhouette, which can be more forgiving than the ever popular ‘skinny’.
Pump it up!
Platforms are back. To be honest, they never truly left. With each season, there typically seems to be some version of this elevated shoe. In the 1970s, these heels were ideal for the popular floor-length maxi and peasant dresses. During the winter months, you may have opted for an updated, platform boot. Welcome the warmer weather with stylish platform sandals. For many, the chunky heel is a much-welcomed relief from the stiletto!
All that fringe
Of course, suede has been making its way down the runway. What makes it so fun? The fringe. It’s a wonderful finishing touch to any jacket or handbag. Designer dresses and skirts used fringe for its peek-a-boo effect. It’s daring without being too revealing. When purchasing a suede or leather item, it is important to take the cleaning costs into consideration. Regular, quality maintenance is the answer in protecting your investment.
Keep it Short… Or long, long LONG
Welcome back micro minis. When it comes to this skirt length (or rather lack of length), it is important to keep a few things in mind. Is this workplace acceptable? Can you move about without revealing too much? When in doubt, you can opt for the mini’s cousin, the skort. These fun, little shorts resemble micro mini skirts but allow for a bit more modesty. If you are looking for a more professional look, you may wish to stay with last year’s maxi dresses. They are still very ‘in’ so feel free to pick up a few more. Maxi dresses that reach the ground are perfect – just don’t forget your favorite pair of heels.
It’s OK to indulge
What many loved…and still love about the 1970s is the silhouettes. They are generally less defined and more forgiving than the form fitting garments of decades past. Peasant dresses and blouses allow for greater comfort especially in the warmer months. While they are elegant enough for a night out, these light and breezy pieces are also ideal for a walk in the park or a summer day picnic.
As with any decade’s fashion, the trends are not meant for everyone. Designers do their best to create stylish garments that should work with most body shapes and lifestyles. However, fashion is simply not just about what is available. You have to feel comfortable and confident. To avoid wearing a ‘costume’, pair one or two trendy pieces with a more classic look. Keep in touch with the 70s minimalist approach. Pack away your Spanx, tone down your makeup routine and think looser silhouettes. Sunnier days are ahead.
Hallak Cleaners is a full service couture dry cleaner. With nearly fifty years of experience, Hallak has become a trusted name among our clients and the finest fashion boutiques. Visit www.hallak.com for a comprehensive list of all our services.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why to support eco fashion
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- How to Dress For the Seasons
- Do People Prefer Boutique To Larger Stores?
- Best gift ideas in jewelry for her
- What to Wear When Your Workplace’s Dress Code is Smart-Casual
- The Help Guide To Get Shampoo and Conditioner for Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Myths about compression socks
- Beginner Friendly- So What Can I Actually Do To Create My Lace Frontal Closure A Little Tighter: How You Can Tighten A Wig
- Guide to choosing a wedding dress in 2020
- A History Of The Cufflink
- Steps To Make Remy hair Look Real
- Classic wedding dress
- How to Choose a Reliable Tailoring Shop in Bangkok
- How to Find a Decent & Affordable Tailor in Bangkok
- Bespoke Suit Stitching in Bangkok at Never Before Prices
- The Perfect Gothic Coats for winter
- How to live warm and Gothic in winter
- Top 10 Adidas Shoes
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Cufflinks – And How To Wear Them
- Bridal shop in London
- The Many Different Ways Men Can Wear Cufflinks
- Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses
- Women and Platform Shoes: Everything From Style, to Fit, and Comfort
- The Rise And Fall, And Rise Again, Of Cufflinks
- Get The Finest Way Of Customization With T-shirt Design Software
- How to wear your good shirt
- Getting your little princess clothes online