Grand Canyon National Park Helicopters - Do These During the Spring Time Holidays
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published April 24, 2015
- Word count 691
Spring Break is upon us, and it's high time for students around the US to get out there and make the most of the time off, and the weather. If you're tired of the 'same old' Spring Break, or even if you just want to do something completely different, why not book a Grand Canyon Air Tour?
You can fly to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas or Arizona. From Vegas you will head out to the West Rim, whereas Arizona flights start their tours from the South Rim. If you're in Vegas and you want to see the South, North, and East Rim areas of the National Park, there are direct flights that can be packaged with helicopter tours once you arrive in Arizona.
Tours Departing from Las Vegas
When you head out from Las Vegas in a Grand Canyon helicopter you will pass over the iconic Hoover Dam and adjacent Lake Mead. This is a little extra sightseeing that actually improves the overall package. For the Canyon itself, there are both landing and air-only tours to choose from.
I love the landing tours, especially the one that goes to the bottom of the canyon. Here you can experience a Champagne picnic on the banks of the Colorado River. These bottom landing tours can even be coupled with a riverboat ride, allowing you to see even more of the beautiful rock formations around the river basin.
If you land at the top of the canyon, you will get to explore the nearby areas and even take a walk out over the famous Grand Canyon Skywalk. Looking down 4000ft to the bottom of the Canyon is a breathtaking and exhilarating experience.
Tours Departing from Arizona
If you're starting in Arizona, or even if you take a flight there from Vegas, you'll be departing on your helicopter ride right outside the gates of the National Park. Helicopter tours begin at the South Rim, and the standard tour will take you to the remote North Rim and back again. This is a 30 minute tour which takes you over some beautiful landscapes.
Even though there are no landing tours at the South Rim, there are still unique benefits when you depart from Arizona. If you take the deluxe 50 minute tour you will get to see a staggering 75% of the park. These almost hour long Grand Canyon helicopter tours go from the South Rim, to the North Rim, and then out to the Eastern Rim boundary. You will see more of the Grand Canyon on Spring Break with this tour than many will in their entire lifetimes.
If you're looking for even more excitement, you can choose a tour that bundles a 30 minute air tour with a 2 hour jeep ride. This allows you to see all of the Canyon's most famous landmarks from the air, and close up on the ground.
Helicopter Tours Are Popular, So Book Early
Tours can easily become booked out during Spring Break, so it's essential to RSVP as early as possible. I recommend an advance booking of 2 weeks as a minimum, but if you can make it earlier, then go right ahead. Basically, as soon as you've confirmed your hotel bookings you should take care of your helicopter tickets as your next priority.
Booking online is safe and convenient, and doing so will give you access to live schedules to see exactly what is available. Best of all, online rates don't carry any additional travel agent or booking fees, so as long as you complete the whole process online you can make significant savings.
Hopefully this article helps you to get the most out of your Spring Break trip to the Grand Canyon. Grand Canyon helicopter tours offer the ultimate in sightseeing. For those who want some adventure to go with the majestic views, a landing tour at the West Rim, or a jeep tour at the South Rim would fit the bill.
Remember to book your air tour early. Spring Break means that tickets are already selling out, so the sooner you get in, the more chance you will have of confirming a flight on your preferred day.
The author is a HUGE fan of the Grand Canyon and suggests reading these reviews before you go here for incredible bargains on the best helicopter excursions on the market today: [http://www.grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-deals.html](http://www.grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-deals.html)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip