The Peterson Group Stand on Euthanasia
- Author Alvin Wilkens
- Published August 10, 2015
- Word count 477
The Peterson Group, a non-profit organization campaigning against death penalty, has outspokenly expressed its opinion in contradiction of the practice of execution as part of government law and capital punishment. Because of this, TPG has received a lot of feedbacks through email on judgment opinion. Euthanasia has been one of the topics interrelated with death penalty.
Many reviews show the method used by euthanasia is similar to that of lethal injection. Pro death penalty and supporters of Euthanasia reason out that the two are different considering that euthanasia, in most cases, has the consent of the family, the doctor and/or the patient himself. On the other hand, lethal injection is considered as one of the methods of death penalty for offenders of the law. There are even some people who stand for Euthanasia but are completely resolute against death penalty. Will it make a difference?
The Peterson Group has expressed its remorse for legalization of both practices.
In an interview with John Dole, spokesperson of the organization, he stated, "Killing is killing, no matter what form or name it uses. Euthanasia is taking a person’s life even when it is not yet their time."
On arguments of heeding the patients request to end its suffering, he added, "for doctors, instead of aiding them with their health, giving them hope that they can still make it, they consent on their loss of faith and hope. There are people who just need a little push and a little inspiration to make it".
The Peterson Group also pointed out that in the Hippocratic Oath which all medical practitioners have vowed to honor and live with for the rest of their lives and which reads, "I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody if asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect", is slowly being discarded in favor of killing people.
Slogans and statements like "the right to die", or "choosing not to suffer", "death with dignity" and "doctor-assisted suicide" are some of the phrases this generation has invented to clear conscience and lessen the guilt.
One of the members of The Peterson Group who want to remain anonymous tells how she was asked by the attending physician if she wants to prolong the life of her dying grandmother. She stated, "I was in Jakarta, Indonesia at that time. When the doctor asked me if I want to ‘end all her suffering’ and it was all up to me if I want to end her medication, I stepped back and really cried. It’s as if he was asking me to end grandma’s life as well. I almost did it though, seeing her suffer. But the conscience is too much. My grandmother passed away naturally a week later but the thought of keeping her from living a week more still shivers me inside."
The Peterson Group is a non-profit organization with an aim to alleviate and eliminate death penalty as means of seeking justice in any legal practice and from any state of law. We also work for alternatives to death penalty, continuously featuring real-life accounts of families and victims of any form of death penalty through lethal injection, electrocution, gas chamber, firing squad, hanging and other methods of execution by state, country or nation.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Strategic planning pillars
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- 5 Great Tips On How To Get Girls
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- How to Change Macros in the Excel Visual Basic Language?
- What are the different types of car liability insurance?
- Car insurance and the importance of the proposal form
- Car insurance – what rating factors are most important
- 15 Best Foods for Weight Loss!
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- Organic Tea Is A Lifestyle
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Super Vidalista
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- What does Forex regulation actually do?
- Top 10 Billionaires Not Listed In Forbes
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Bill Gates does not want to spoil the party