The Singapore Lesson: Leon Churchill Reviews on Effective Urbanization
- Author Casey Carpenter
- Published September 17, 2015
- Word count 396
Cities are living, breathing beings, and like any living being, cities can evolve with time. This evolution can be controlled in a manner that ensures the city serves its inhabitants well. Innovative planning, design and development that focus on people are the key principles of this evolution—readers of Leon Churchill reviews know this for a fact.
In 2013, the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and Singapore’ Centre for Liveable Cities (CLC) released a paper titled 10 Principles for Liveable High Density Cities: Lessons from Singapore, that highlights the Asian island city-state’s success in urbanization despite its dense population. The paper was developed during two workshops hosted jointly by ULI Asia Pacific and CLC in 2012 that brought over 50 different leaders, experts, and practitioners from different industries related to urban planning and development. Below are some of the paper’s most noteworthy points:
Plan for long-term growth and renewal.
Urban renewal involves the relocation, demolition, and relocation of city assets. Proponents see it as an economic and reform mechanism that can enhance existing communities. When it comes to urban renewal, city planners need to ensure that the city doesn’t feel cramped and unlivable. Singapore was able to harness long-term planning, development control, responsive land policies, and good design to create dense developments that are functional, attractive, and don’t feel overly crowded.
Develop affordable, mixed-use neighborhoods.
Mixed-use neighborhoods are self-sustaining neighborhoods. They perfectly combine work, homes, and facilities such as hospitals, schools, and parks in a way that adds pleasure and comfort to city living. Singapore’s neighborhoods have a healthy mix of public and private developments with a full range of easily accessible and highly affordable facilities.
Prioritize green transport and construction options.
Reducing energy consumption and dependence is a key factor in achieving sustainability. With regards to construction, Singapore was able to implement a resource-conscious growth strategy that relies on efficient planning, design, and use of low-energy environmental systems. For its transportation system, the city was able to implement great alternatives to driving by means of an efficient public transport system and well-connected walkways.
Today’s city planners can compute and calculate issues far better than before. All it takes is the intelligence and willingness to do what’s right for the people. Learn more about what you need to do for your city by reading Leon Churchill reviews, or by visiting sites like planetizen.com
For more details, search readers of Leon Churchill reviews in Google for related information.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Strategic planning pillars
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Art of Virani
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- Avoiding the flood — tax issues with water rights in agribusiness
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- How to create a landing page for more conversion
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- Why Addiction To Fame And Celebrity
- VE Day: 2020
- make money online during lockdown
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- HOW TO MANAGE THE FATIGUE
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- Surrounding Areas
- Best Tungsten For Aluminum
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- How To Manage Your Anger On The Golf Course