Life with & without a Construction Project Management Solution
- Author Michael Sarkis
- Published February 27, 2016
- Word count 554
Without a Project Management Solution:
As Frank the project manager arrives at the office, he is ready to begin the day. Before sitting down, Frank is notified that one of their job sites is short staffed and it appears that there weren’t enough workers scheduled for this particular location. Frank grabs his Excel spreadsheet with his project schedule loaded and discovers he forgot that a few of his scheduled workers were sent to another job. It is too late to make any adjustments and Frank is forced to leave the situation as is, reducing productivity on that job site for the day. Frank finally sits down and begins to look into the multiple projects he has going on currently to understand the profitability and cash flow of each project. With all of the schedules, project phases, costs, and equipment of each project loaded into different Excel spreadsheets, Frank struggles to gain visibility into the status of his projects. He can’t remember if he inputted new equipment costs in one project. Did he update the progress schedule of another project going on? Has all of the paperwork on his desk been entered into Excel and reflected in each of the projects? Frank has barely started his day and already feels overwhelmed. Unfortunately, this type of day is far too common for Frank. Instead of being able to manage his projects effectively, most of his day is spent putting out fires and resolving issues.
With a Project Management Solution:
Frank wakes up and before heading to the office, checks his tablet to make sure each of the projects he has going on are properly scheduled with workers and equipment. He uses a tool such as the Project Scheduler from Jonas, which displays the phases and schedule of activities for each project on a Gantt chart timeline. Frank arrives at the office with no serious issues pending and is able to get straight to work. The first thing Frank does is load up his Project Management module in Jonas. This view gives Frank real-time insight into each of his ongoing projects allowing him to see profitability, cash flow, time, equipment, costs, tasks, and assigned workers for all aspects of each project. No more struggling to navigate through multiple Excel spreadsheets for Frank. From this Project Management view, Frank is also able to drill down to all documents relating to a job such as RFIs, submittals, transmittals, invoices, and purchase orders. This is done using a document management solution such as Digio from Jonas, which centralizes and integrates all documents in one location to help streamline workflow and approval processes. The process of integrating data becomes easier when technicians are able to enter their hours from the field with Jonas eTimesheets for example, which directly syncs with the Digio document management system. With information already integrated within one solution, Frank is able to easily create reports in real-time using a solution like Jonas DataMart, which also allows him to gain greater visibility into each of his projects. Frank’s day runs smoothly and he goes home satisfied.
Which one of these scenarios sounds like the better option? Life with a project management solution will not only allow you to generate reports on up-to-date, accurate information but will also provide you with greater visibility into your projects.
Michael Sarkis is the Content Marketing Specialist at Jonas Construction SoftwareArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- Boost productivity with a single database development environment
- Ground-breaking women in tech showcased at Future of Work Conference
- Industrial-grade disk sanitation for enterprises
- Manage dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- All-in-one data recovery, backup, and security
- Boot up any computer with Active@ LiveCD
- Secure IT asset disposal made easy with KillDisk Desktop
- Microsoft Ceases Free Security Updates Support is ending for Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010
- Meet GetBlock.io – a provider of the most popular blockchain nodes!
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain your PC with Active@ Boot Disk
- The guide teaching How to Fix Installation Error with Canon Printer to do canon printer introduce method
- The Essential Guide to Training Data
- How to Troubleshoot Quicken Error OL-220-a?
- A photo manager and digital asset manager for creative photography
- Improve your drafting with a multi-purpose CAD platform
- How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone
- Simplify your migration from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign
- How To Take Grow Light Help In Indoor Plants
- Introduction to PDF to word conversion on Windows, and Mac
- Bring out the best in your photos with ACDSee Professional photo software
- Want to Become an IT Security Professional?
- Securely erase your data with Active@ ZDelete
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- SAP S/4 HANA – Empowering Manufacturers Driving Digital Transformation
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm