How do Search Engines work ?
- Author Shanon Manjur
- Published September 9, 2016
- Word count 482
We are very familiar with websites like Google, Yahoo, Bing.
We use these sites to get the information we need. As soon as we search for something, based on the keyword we use, we get results on the browser which are related to that keyword. So, in this way we see may websites which are matching to our keyword. The results are web pages and the box where we put the keyword is the search engine. It’s known to everyone that among all the search engines, Google search is the number one. So all our effort goes for www.google.com so that our website appears on the first page. People hardly visits the 3rd or 4th page. So all eyes on the first page.
So how does these search engines work? The method is quite complicated. Thousands of skilled people are working round the clock using some powerful software and algorithms. All the search engines has powerful database where they keep all those images, videos and documents in a much arranged way. As soon as we search for something, matched images or content appears. For example, an image stored in the database has name, and if we enter a keyword with the same name, we will see that image along with the website that contain the page. This task of collecting data by the search engines from different websites is called crawling. To perform crawling all the search engines use a software/algorithm which is called search crawler. Different search engine has different search crawler name. For example, google named it googlebot, yahoo named it Yahoo! Slup while bing calls it bingbot(also known as msnbot). These bots visits all the websites and collect data continuously. When a website is visited by this bot, it’s considered that the website is being indexed by the search engine. Once a website is indexed, the keywords found on that website will be shown in the search result. However, the website might not appear in the first page rather it will be on later pages.
So the question is, how can that website will appear in the first or second page? It depends on many factors. One of them is the search crawler visit. The more frequently the search crawler will visit the website, more up front the site will be placed in search result pages. So this is the basic! The more frequently you will make the bot visit the targeted site the more front that site will be placed. This is called search engine optimization (SEO). There are 2 types of SEO. On-page and Off-page SEO. Both are equally important for optimization. So there you go, as soon as you open a new website your target should be how to make the site appear on the first or second page. To do so, you need to perform search engine optimization.
I am a SEO expert.I have written many articles on various sites.I have a blog site. You are welcome to visit my blog for latest technology news, articles and reviews. https://itcrocblog.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords
- 5 Ways From Semalt On How To Take Control Of Your Content Marketing
- 3 SEO Pitfalls Service-Based Businesses Should Avoid