What To Look For When Buying A Good Hunting Coat or Jacket
- Author Michelle Harolds
- Published December 22, 2016
- Word count 579
More and more people are turning to the great outdoors, such as hunting and fishing. Finding hunting coats or jackets is important and not just for keeping you warm and dry but from keeping hidden from the animals. Here are five important features to look for in a good hunting coat or jacket.
There are many features to keep in mind when buying a hunting coat or jacket. First, you want to make sure you are getting the right foliage that you will be hunting in. You don't want to be in all white camouflage when you are hunting in a wooden area or hunting in marsh land or you don't want to be wearing wooden camouflage when hunting in a marsh, you will stand out and you might end up not seeing or getting anything.
Second, making sure you aren't over dressing or under dressing for the weather. Having a lightweight coat or jacket is perfect for early spring turkey or early bow season when the weather still has a chill but not cold enough for a heavy coat or jacket. When the weather is super cold wearing a nice heavy insulated coat or jacket helps keep you warmer and hopefully you won't have to leave the blind for being cold.
Third, having a good water resistant hunting coat or jacket is very important. You don't want to be caught in a down pour and being soaked through within minutes and having to call your hunt over from being wet and cold. Also a good water resistant coat or jacket will help keep your cell phone or wallet dry if it decides to rain all of a sudden while you are on the hunt or in the fishing boat.
Fourth, finding a hunting coat or jacket that is wind resistant. You don't want to be sitting in your blind and feeling the chilly breeze going up your back. Now that would have you freezing within minutes of getting into your blind and you wouldn't want to stay out hunting for very long. And your chances of getting that big buck or tom would go out the door. Having a good coat or jacket that is wind resistant is an important tool for your hunt or even on your fishing trip, to keep you on the lake longer to catch that monster fish.
Fifth and last important feature when buying a hunting coat or jacket is to make sure it's breathable. Rather the hunting coat or jacket is lightweight or heavy, having a breathable coat or jacket is important. Especially when walking out to the stand in the mornings on those chilly days when you are all layered up. A nice breathable hunting coat or jacket will help you from over sweating and having to sit in your stand all sweaty and getting cold from over sweating. Even on those hot days, having a breathable hunting coat or jacket will help keep you from sweating your butt off in the blind.
If you stick with these five important features when buying a hunting coat or jacket, you will for sure be able to enjoy your hunt or fishing trip even more and not have to worry about the weather. Even if it decides to change it's mind when you are already out in the blind or boat. In most cases, you will find all of the features talked about in this article all in one hunting coat or jacket.
Michelle Harolds is an avid outdoors woman. She enjoys hunting and fishing while listening to nature wake up for the day. She enjoys sharing her passion with the world and helps run a website selling hunting clothes and gear. Browse their selection now!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Size of Waist Trainer to Choose?
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here
- Are You Shopping for Bed Linen -- Here Are a Few Tips
- Why a Cash Voucher can be A Perfect Gift for Your Loved Ones?
- 5 Star hotel pillows– A better way to sleep at night
- Select the best mountain biking jerseys and increase longevity with these tips!
- How to safely buy an used phones - tutorial
- Simple Tips for Car Enthusiasts About New Tires
- What beard suits you? Should you trim or groom it!
- Choosing the right projector to suit your needs
- Preparation, is it Worth the Price
- What is The Triangular Recycling Symbol Found at the Bottom of Plastic Products?