Interior Design And Tips
- Author Carrie Riley
- Published January 28, 2017
- Word count 507
The decor in our home could affect our feelings and emotions. For example: a messy room is not a positive setting so it could result in agitation and restlessness. Since we spend so much time in our home we should spend more time with decorating.
Most interior designers would advise that you decide on a general theme to use throughout your home. That doesn't mean all rooms will be the same just the theme would be the same throughout your home. The style one decides on should reflect on the family unit as far as character and style.
ASSORTED DESIGNS AND THEMES
The farmhouse theme is a very popular theme due to it appears to be timeless. For most, this would entail a country or cozy feel. For wall colors you could use light yellow, white or pastel colors. The furnishings would be farm-style shapes and worn-looking wooden furniture.
Bohemian or rustic is another popular theme. If you like warm colors this would be your style. Items from the Middle East, Africa and Morocco could be involved in this design. The colors for this design would be red, orange, purple and sand.
Contemporary or Minimalist is another popular theme. This style diminishes disorder and is a good means of opening up areas. The main color for this theme is white. That would include furnishings so normally you would not find this theme with families with young children.
Whichever you choose remember that all your rooms should possess a strong sense of compatibility.
INTERIOR DESIGN TIPS MADE SIMPLE
Mirrors is an outstanding way to expand an area to make it look larger. Utilizing a large mirror that is positioned directly across from a natural source of light such as a window or door. This should make the space not only look larger but less cluttered also. If you are working with a small area a little bit of clutter can easily make the space fill unorganized.
Adding an accent wall will draw in the eye and highlight a feature or piece of furniture. You can accomplish this by painting a focus wall or using wall paper to create a focus wall. Just remember you never want you wall art to be longer than the piece of furniture you are featuring.
Develop the illusion through motion by laying out your space so that your eye keeps moving from point to point.
Your furniture and other pieces should suit the total area of the room. In other words, don't overshadow it or throw it out of symmetry.
Finally, home decor and designing is oftentimes a highly sensitive matter as many people feel that they understand the process but the outcome says something totally different.
Using items you might already have like candles and figurines could easily be re-arranged to bring dramatic results plus improving lighting. Always be sure you have lighting in places that are normally overlooked by obstructions.
If you are looking at some alternative ideas think about Gothic, Traditional, Mediterranean, Tropical, Asian and of course Contemporary interior designs.
Carrie Riley has always loved decorative wall art. She enjoys sharing her passion with all of you and helps run a website selling decorative wall art. Browse their selection now!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!
- Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Tips for Mendhi Decor to Blow the Minds of Your Guests
- The Best 5 Bedrooms | Designer Bedroom Furniture