What is a Home Textile?
- Author Charlotte Lindsay
- Published February 17, 2017
- Word count 573
Many people do not know what a home textile is although the definition is simple—they are textiles used for home furnishings. Home textiles are used for either a decorative or functional purpose. The purpose of the home textile will help to determine what type of material the textile is. There are a myriad material from man-made or natural fibres and many ways to make the textile as well. To help you further understand what home textiles are we have compiled a list of the most common home textiles.
Decorative Throw Pillows are a smaller, plush, and nicely designed pillow that are used to decorate a space. In recent decorative throw pillows as have become more popular and the styles have become greater. There are a myriad materials used to make them, although they are most commonly made from cotton and polyester blends. These blends give the throw pillows a soft and comfortable feel. Most commonly, decorative throw pillows will be found on furniture that is used for leisure, for example a bed, a couch or an accent chair. More rarely, but still done, decorative throw pillows are used to decorate the floor. This can be done by either placing pillows in a basket or making a corner which is covered with various decorative throw pillows.
Blankets, especially throw blankets are used very similarly to decorative throw pillows; they are placed on leisure furniture, placed in baskets and used for comfort. Blankets, due to their versatility, are made from several different materials each allowing for various levels of warmth and softness. Most commonly blankets are made from either a wholeness or a blend of materials; usually cotton, wool, nylon, polyester and acrylics. Blankets that are made from wool tend to be warmer but do have a scratchier consistency, whereas blankets made from cotton are not as warm but much softer. A blanket and a decorative throw pillow are the ideal way to dress up your couch, bed or accent chair.
Add some sheets and a blanket together and you've got yourself a delightfully comfortable bed. Put simply, sheets are the inner lining of bedding made to protect your mattress while you sleep. Since comfort is key when making sheets only the softest materials are used. Most commonly the fabric is woven with a weave of cotton or a blend of cotton and polyester. Not only do these materials make the sheets soft but easy to care for as well; these materials are machine washable and extremely durable.
Another commonly used home textile is yet again another home essential, towels. Towels are made from a blend of cotton and polyester, which makes them both durable and soft. When purchasing towels, it is extremely important to make sure that you are purchasing terry cloth towels, which are a blend of these materials. This is due to the fact that terry cloth is specifically created to absorb moisture and remain durable after numerous washes and rough use. Towels are no longer just for used for their functionality, they are commonly used to decorate both kitchens and bathrooms by placing a decorative hand towel on the oven handle, or hand towels in a basket in the bathroom.
There is a plethora of home textiles that we all use on a day to day basis. From our grooming needs to our comfort home textiles are scattered all throughout your home, you just need to know where to look.
Charlotte Lindsay has always had a passion for home decor. Since she was a young girl she loved to decorate her room and help her mother with interior decorating plans. She has now turned her passion into a business selling online home decor. Visit www.maelmoderndecor.com to get decorating inspiration and find great pieces.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!
- Decorating Your Living Room with Neutral Colours
- Tips for Mendhi Decor to Blow the Minds of Your Guests