Important Information about WiFi extender
- Author Lisa Barrie
- Published February 25, 2017
- Word count 814
For those who don’t know, WiFi range extenders are basically handy little devices that people use in order to make sure that WiFi coverage in their place can easily be extended at places where it’s not available.
Needless to say, these range extenders are becoming more and more common in the modern age.
The Advantages of Using Wi-Fi Range Extenders
WiFi range extenders, or WiFi range repeaters are becoming more popular and necessary with each passing day, considering how people are looking to have the internet connectivity in almost every corner of their houses.
The reason behind that is rather simple, a wireless router usually gives up at one point, and there are normally one or two dead spots that either have absolutely no WiFi coverage, or have a very low internet speed. The best thing to do in such situation, and to provide WiFi access to the entire house, is getting a WiFi range extender.
Now a lot of people think that WiFi range extenders aren’t really good, and normally cost a lot of money. Well, believe it or not, there are countless benefits of these range extenders, and today, we will be looking at all of them. So, without wasting anymore time, let’s take a look at some really common benefits of WiFi range extenders that are normally overlooked by people.
Extends the Wi-Fi Range by a Great Degree
It doesn’t matter if the wireless router you’ve installed costs $400 bucks, the fact that even the beefiest wireless routers can still suffer from range issues can’t be denied, and that’s where WiFi range extenders come into play.
Now the good thing is that these range extenders come in two different types; you get the standard desktop version that is almost the same size as your modem or your router, and if that’s not what you’re after, you can get a somewhat cheaper version that gets plugged right into the power socket, and powers up.
Both range extenders cater to different users, and while the smaller ones are built to provide a comparatively less range, the larger ones are really good with covering almost the entire house. This is perhaps one of the biggest advantage of WiFi range extenders that are normally overlooked by a lot of people.
Unobstructed Wi-Fi Connectivity
It’s a simple fact that the more obstructions there are, the bigger chances of the WiFi range suffering, and while the range extenders won’t really prevent that from happening, installing the WiFi range extender at a point where there are no obstructions nearby is the smartest thing.
Doing so will allow the extender to provide the extended range evenly in all the corners, allowing for a much better experience with the internet connectivity and speed.
What You Should Look for in a WiFi Range Extender
Now that you’re fully aware of the benefits that a WiFi range extender will be providing you, the next step is to basically look at the things you should look for in WiFi range extender. Normally, buying a WiFi range extender is relatively easy and straightforward, especially if you’re a person who knows what they are looking for.
However, some people still find them confused amidst the wide range of range extenders in the market,and can’t decide what would be the best option for them. That’s why we are listing some of the things you should look for in a WiFi range extender before buying it. So, without further ado, let’s take a look.
Number of Ethernet Ports
Ethernet ports are basically ports that are used to provide wired connection to your computers or whatever other devices used the wired connections. Now, the range extenders that will plug straight into the wall won’t be having more than 1 Ethernet port mainly because the small form factor.
When you are buying a WiFi range extender, you need to know that the small ones will only a single Ethernet port, however, if you are looking at the desktop sized one, then the number of ports actually exceed to a maximum of five, allowing more flexibility. Of course, there are many network switches to increase the number of LAN ports
Just like your routers and modems, the range extenders also come with different bands, and the best way to understand this is knowing whether your devices are operating at 2.4 gigahertz, or 5 gigahertz band to avoid any confusions.This will help you choose the range extender much more efficiently, and you shouldn’t be having any major problems to begin with.
Once you’re aware of the situation, choosing a range extender becomes a lot easier. So, without wasting anymore time, we are going to take a look at some of the best WiFi range extenders that you can buy right now.
Lisa is a tech bloggers who writes about different gadgets at http://listenthusiast.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- SAP S/4 HANA – Empowering Manufacturers Driving Digital Transformation
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Top 10 Stock Market Datasets for Machine Learning
- Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision
- What To Know About iPad Screen Repair
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- 10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- 11 Best Named Entity Recognition Tools
- How ADN Helps Crypto Funding Evolve
- The Future of Data Analytics: 5 Predictions for Where We Are Headed
- 10 Data Analytics Terms Every Beginner Should Know
- ADN Coin: Benefits of Holding Our Coin
- Five Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
- How to choose your tablet?
- There Is A Lot To Consider When Setting Up A Private Medical Practice
- How Blockchain can Help fight Climate Change and Save the Environment
- Top 20 Twitter Datasets for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- What is the Difference Between CNN and RNN?
- Get Machine Learning Training Data Using The Lionbridge Method [A How-To Guide]
- What are Image Annotation Services?
- 10 Best Text Annotation Services and Tools
- Do More with a Creative Photo Editor with Facial Recognition
- An overview of Cloud 3d Print’s objectives
- Inside Luxatia 4th World eSIM summit
- 25 Open Datasets for Data Science Projects