Fun and Functional-Area Floor Rugs
- Author Charlotte Lindsay
- Published February 21, 2017
- Word count 589
When thinking of home decoration, many people forget about the floors. Area floor rugs are a great way to tie in your home decor theme, all while providing a function. Area floor rugs provide many more functions than the obvious floor coverage. They provide warmth on a cold floor, such as hardwood or tile, they help to reduce noise in a room that has hard flooring, they protect your floors from damage, and most importantly provide another outlet to show off your home decor style. With a myriad area floor rugs to choose from it's hard to make a choice. We're outlining several types of rugs and why they are a great addition to your home decor.
This type of rug is one of my favorites, they're all throw backs that are coming back in style. We're talking about shag rugs, flokati and sheepskin rugs. These plush and thick rugs bring depth to a room by providing a three-dimensional aspect. The plushness also makes these rugs heavenly to walk on- making them ideal to place in a common seating area. Just imagine running your toes through the soft, thick fabric of a sheepskin rug while you relax on the couch.
If you are like me; your house is painted in neutral colors, your home furnishings are timeless, and your wall accents are very classic pieces. A home that has a neutral theme, like mine, deserves an eccentric accent piece. A patterned rug. Purchasing a patterned rug can be daunting, there are so many options. There is a rug in nearly every pattern you can think of and in various different colors. Placing a patterned rug in any room is a great way to bring an accent piece to your home without taking away from your other carefully chosen home decor pieces. I would suggest that busy patterned rugs be placed in a larger room, so that the patterned rug does not become an eye-sore of sorts.
On the opposite spectrum of patterned rugs we have the natural material rug. These includes but is not limited to, jute, sisal and bamboo rugs. Natural material rugs provide the same functionality as all other area floor rugs, while keeping a classic and casual feel. A perk to decorating with a natural material rug is that they are extremely durable, they keep out more dirt, and they are timeless. The natural material rug is a safe purchase, due to their neutral design they have not gone out of style since they became stylish.
Why stop your decorating in the living room? Bring a decorative flair to every aspect of your home with an outdoor rug. Outdoor rugs are the perfect finishing touch to any patio. Not only are they stylish they are functional as well; they allow for minimal dirt to be tracked back into your home, they are a great way to rid of that slippery surface when you get out of a pool or jacuzzi, and they allow you to kick off your shoes outside without making your feet dirty. Outdoor rugs have come a long way from the classic fake-grass look, they now come in nearly every design you can imagine. Outdoor rugs are a great way to keep a cohesive design throughout your home, you can purchase an outdoor rug that mimics the style or matches the style to the area floor rugs you have indoors.
With so many amazing styles, materials, and sizes you are bound to find an area floor rug that will compliment your home decor.
Charlotte Lindsay has always had a passion for home decor. Since she was a young girl she loved to decorate her room and help her mother with interior decorating plans. She has now turned her passion into a business selling online home decor. Visit Mael Modern Decor to get decorating inspiration and find great pieces.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests
- Begin Your Path Into COASTAL DÉCOR With Little To No Budget!