What is Rustic Luxe Design
- Author Charlotte Lindsay
- Published March 3, 2017
- Word count 583
Rustic luxe design can be described in many different ways. It is a design style that has a little bit of everything. Rustic Luxe design is a great balance of both masculine and feminine pieces. The masculine aspect is brought in by metals and natural materials, such as wood, while the femininity is accentuated through light colors and a myriad textures. We're going to dive into rustic luxe trends to help you achieve the look.
Every aspect of your home can become part of your decorating theme, including your doors. Rustic luxe designed homes often feature sliding barn doors. These doors are normally used to close off areas such as closets or pantries. Simply described; they are stylish doors made of wood which usually feature moldings and a natural or neutral color. Sliding barn doors sit upon metal sliders. They are a fun way to separate a space while still creating an open feel all while adding to the rustic luxe design.
In the kitchen a sliding barn door is perfect to close off the pantry, but the rustic luxe design doesn't have to stop there. The kitchen is the perfect place to implement this design because it is easy to mix masculine and feminine decor. The cabinets are usually where the feminine design comes in play. Most commonly rustic luxe cabinetry is glazed in a distressed white finish. To add a little flair you can add glass doors on either a few cabinets, which would create an accent, or all cabinets, which creates a more open and airy feel. The same white distressed material is often brought to the fridge with custom doors, fit to match the cabinets. This is a great way to discuss your appliances, while also adding more feminist to your kitchen. The back splash in a rustic luxe kitchen ranges greatly with some designs being more masculine than others. If you are looking for a more feminine look it is common to go with lighter tiles, such as subway tiles, if you are going for a more masculine look darker more earth toned back splashes are commonly used. To tie in the masculine design, counter tops are often darker earth tones. Rustic luxe kitchens most commonly use granite counter, which not only bring in masculinity but they add the luxurious feel as well.
Continuing through the home, it is important to carry out the rustic luxe design. Living areas are no exception. This include; living rooms, sitting areas, and bedrooms. The most important thing to remember when decorating living areas is the furniture. Rustic luxe design revolves greatly around your choice of furniture. Purchasing a light colored couch, this can be of any textile, and placing it with more industrial home furnishings is a great way to achieve this look. Industrial modern pieces are often used to bring the rustic flair to living areas. This includes coffee tables, which feature a natural wood top and metal legs and accents. It is important to keep a neutral or natural look in your living areas. Throw pillows and blankets often feature different textures to draw the eye, instead of having different colors and patterns.
The rustic luxe design is extremely popular right now. This design is a great way to make your home look modern and chic, while still having it feel cozy and comfortable. With a mix of masculine and feminine design, high fashion and homey how could you go wrong decorating your home in a rustic luxe design.
There are no posted comments.
- Set the Tone: 5 Romantic Paint Colors for a Couple’s Bedroom
- A fishbone or herring bone floor in different sizes, what is the best choice for what room size?
- Plaid, Lights, And Magic: A Guide To Spectacular New Year’s Eve Decorations
- 10 DIY Garage Storage Ideas to Declutter Your Space
- How scented candles influence the way you are
- How to Use Wall Art to Create a Focal Point in Your Living Room
- How to Choose the Best Ergonomic Office Chair?
- The Psychology of Color in Interior Design: How Hues Affect Mood and Behavior
- How to Pick Great Photography Wall Art For Your Interior
- Top Trends in Window Blinds for Lexington, KY Homes and Businesses
- The Captivating Appeal of Modern Bold Wall Art: Unveiling Its Advantages
- Personalized Life Ring: The Perfect Nautical Touch for Memorable Occasions and Thoughtful Gifts
- The Benefits of Adding Substrate to Your Aquarium
- Blinds Vs Curtains: Which is energy efficient?
- How To Use Feng Shui
- Celebrating Life's Moments with Fresh Flowers in Richmond, VA: A Guide to Rushing Blooms
- Tips on Choosing a Good Home Cleaning Service
- Where to buy beautiful rugs, floor mats and more.
- SECRETS to make your home space even better
- How to Make the Most of Your Storage Space
- The Benefits of Wooden Boxes
- Giclée art prints
- Havana Collection Traditional Oriental Distressed Area Rug and Runner
- How To Design A Unique Kitchen Backsplash
- 2 most important things to consider while looking for home furniture store
- Where to Buy and How to Install Handmade Copper Tiles for Backsplash
- How Solar Benefits Local Communities
- A Few Tips on Choosing Kitchen Cabinets, Countertops and Backsplashes
- What To Consider When Choose A New Backsplash
- What Attracts Burglars To Homes?