Modern Versus Contemporary Decor"
- Author Charlotte Lindsay
- Published March 1, 2017
- Word count 488
With home decorating terms and their considering meanings being forever changing, it is hard to keep up. Two terms that are particularly confusing are the difference between modern design and contemporary design. This is due to the fact that professionals are using these terms interchangeably, which does make sense. As of late contemporary design has become popular, which inadvertently does make it a modern design. To help you further understand we're diving into the subtle differences of modern and contemporary design.
Modern design derives from a specific point in time. If you have a home with a modern design it usually; has a stark design, an open and airy floor plan, and a cohesive design is implemented throughout the home. The coloring of a modern home is usually based in either black and whites or saturated colors with warm earthy tones. Modern designed home decor has clean lines, embraces simplicity, and is often thought of as being sophisticated. Since a modern designed home usually has less decorations the larger home furnishings are usually used as the main decoration, which is why it is important to separate these pieces throughout your modern home. It is also important to carefully choose your wall pieces in order to keep both a simple and cohesive design. Modern furniture features smooth curves and substitutes geometric shapes for busy design details. Modern furnishing also embraces a more natural look, featuring natural woods and exposed metals. Modern homes are often found in up and coming cities, new construction, and many fully furnished apartment buildings.
Right now, contemporary design is all the rage. This type of design is very similar to modern decor although it brings in a more casual feel, which allows your house to feel more like a home. When designing a contemporary house neutral coloring is usually used. This includes but is not limited to; black, white, beige, gray, and tans. This allows for a great backdrop for splashes of color. These splashes of color are often brought to the design through accent pillows, area rugs, and wall art. Contemporary home furnishings are non-fuss pieces. This means they do not have any adornments, they usually bring uniqueness through varying textured textiles. Since contemporary home furnishings are do not have any adornments, it is extremely important to decorate them with throw pillows and blankets to create a warm and welcoming feel.
Modern design versus contemporary design, but simply they are nearly the same. With few variations these two styles of design are very similar. Modern design is more clean cut; less frills and decorations with a more "cold" feel. Contemporary design has the same color palette and similar furnishings, although they add in more splashes of color and more comfort pieces to create a space that feels more welcoming and homey. Combined or standing alone these designs are great for creating a home that will be envied by your friends.
Charlotte Lindsay has always had a passion for home decor. To take her passion to a new level she started a home decor website, which sells a myraid home decor. Browse the site at maelmoderndecor.com to find the perfect piece for you.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests